Most comfortable headphones under £150/$250

Hello,

I currently use a Turtle Beach PX21 headset from my PS3 days and it's becoming increasingly uncomfortable so think it's about time I make an upgrade. 

I'm based in the UK so anything from overseas would need to include shipping in the cost. 

I have an Onkyo receiver I can use to drive the headphones so a 250 ohm model etc shouldn't be a problem. Because of this I'm under the impression that I don't need a DAC, is this correct?

These will be used pretty much exclusively at home for gaming and music, so open back is an option. However if price/performance/comfort is equal on 2 models (one open back and one closed) then I would choose the closed back one.

My priorities list is currently:

Comfort

Performance
Price

Modmic compatibility (shouldn't be an issue)
Closed back

I would rather not break the budget, but if something much better can be had for ~£10 more then I am probably able to stretch.

Currently on my list of headphones to be interested in:

DT990 PRO 250 ohm

DT770

Mayflower Fostex v3

Thanks in advance for your help  :)

Beyerdynamic custom one pros are soo comfortable. I hVe them and they r really soft.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Personally, I'd pick the Fostex V3.

What is your reasoning in choosing this over the DT990?

Thanks for the advice guys, if there are any other headphones in my price range that you would recommend I would be glad to hear.

Not sure if you want "gaming headphones", but I've never experienced any discomfort using the Logitech G35's. I'm using the Steelseries Siberia Elite's now though, but I still have the G35's.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

What is your reasoning in choosing this over the DT990?

Thanks for the advice guys, if there are any other headphones in my price range that you would recommend I would be glad to hear.

I like the sound signature and comfort better, but those are a matter of personal preference.

Also, as an aside, mine are now listed in the classifieds: http://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=classifieds&module=core&do=view_item&item_id=40

I just don't ever use it because I prefer my HD 650's.