System not posting after adding drives

Oishter

Spec : msi sli plus, i7 5820k, gtx 1070 ref, xfx 850w gold, 16gb corsair lpx, 250gb Samsung evo + 1tb wd blue.

Hi, I bought a crucial 128gb ssd for my parents for Christmas, to upgrade their laptop from its antiquated 5400rpm hdd. I plugged both drives into my system to clone the drive, had to momentarily remove the graphics card and now I don't think the machine is posting. No image to the monitor, or power to the keyboard. I've reseated everything I could, reset the cmos battery and just about everything I could think of, still nothing. Help?

4 minutes ago, Oishter said:

Spec : msi sli plus, i7 5820k, gtx 1070 ref, xfx 850w gold, 16gb corsair lpx, 250gb Samsung evo + 1tb wd blue.

Hi, I bought a crucial 128gb ssd for my parents for Christmas, to upgrade their laptop from its antiquated 5400rpm hdd. I plugged both drives into my system to clone the drive, had to momentarily remove the graphics card and now I don't think the machine is posting. No image to the monitor, or power to the keyboard. I've reseated everything I could, reset the cmos battery and just about everything I could think of, still nothing. Help?

did you plug the graphics card back in?

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

15 hours ago, Ben17 said:

did you plug the graphics card back in?

Yeah, I've seated it properly, reseated it, moves it to a different pcie slot and power has always been plugged in