the lightbox project

Jordan_C21

I'm not gonna lie to you guys, it may be kinda dumb, ill add photos soon. Before i get purged for it all lemme explain.

it was an elaborate plan being that im so young and dont have all the money at once, so i bought the thing that wouldnt fluctuate the most first.. my power supply in july. it was a vengeance silver 750, it was dead on arrival and corsair had none in stock so they sent me a txm gold 750, 80+ gold certified 750w psu for $60 lolol. Then in September I bought my memory, it was on sale for $70 and was 3600mz CL16 and it was impossible to pass on. Then in October, I got my r5 3600, mobo for $130, case, cooler (i didnt stick with stock because this cooler for 39$ has amazing performance and matches my case) , and for a video card i kept using my rx 480 4g from my previous build. in november i bought a founders edition 2070 super, the overkill 5 rgb fans that i found from BitWit that have pretty good CFM and acoustics, some custom psu cables, and a lighting node pro on sale for $35. ( no matter how expensive my build was i was going to put some cash into aesthetics so whatever) i bought an rog strix 2070 super for 550 last night, i was gonna go with an evga card but wanted to avoid coil whine and such that was reported a lot. so while i did pay a lil bit of strix tax its kinda whatever. i bought a 2070 super over a 5700xt because i wanna use nvenc and overclock higher, it does better in 4k too, better 1% lows. if i was on a more restrictive budget that card would be a lifesaver though. its kinda a weird setup to me but i bought everything in 3 different time periods and i think i did the best i could for what i wanted. (aside from the strix tax).. i havent bought the ssd or the hdd since i already have a cheap ssd and hdd but will upgrade sometime in the future.

also a few months after using my pc i just read on pcpartpicker, that my psu doesnt have that extra 4 pin for the cpu, when building i also noticed, but i read somewhere that extra 4 pin doesnt matter unless its extreme oc and well i dont have LN2 so oh well. 

overall i think this is gonna handle, all of my schooling, possible video and photo production, and gaming, all the while looking pretty.

if i had the luxury of buying all at once id probably swap the 2070 for a 5700xt and get a 3700x but when i bought my cpu i did not have the money for it, and when i was getting around to buying a gpu i honestly just had cash to spare for the 2070, 5700xt/3600 would be a better value i agree. Not gonna say for a second this was a good value pc but im happy with it. 

First build by my self at 16, parents said they would go half on it, if i didnt have that luxury i wouldve just waited a lil longer and maybe swapped some stuff.

The setup theme is black and white and then rgb.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jordanrock99/saved/vrKf99

after  backing out i realized i put this in the WRONG section. if a mod could delete this or move it to "build logs" thanks, i apologize in advance.

15 minutes ago, Slottr said:

-Moved to Build Logs-

In the future, just report your post and we'll get to it

thanks man. ive never had to have this done so i wouldnt know, but i do now :)