Best RX 5700xt model?

RaptorCock

Greetings,

I finally decided to upgrade my PC after quite a while, I decided that the RX 5700 XT is my best bet. I’m not too sure which model to get, however. The Sapphire Pulse and Red Devil look cool, but there’s quite a price difference.

what do you guys think?

Use this: 

Other than cooling/thermals, acoustics and aesthetics there's really no difference between the 5700 XT models, especially in-game. 

I would recommend the Powercolor Red Devil, the Sapphire Nitro+ and/or the Aorus 5700 XT - they're probably the best 5700 XT AIB models you can get for cooling and acoustics, except liquid cooling the GPU itself but I don't think that's what you're looking for (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

But other cards like the Sapphire Pulse are very good too. Up to you really.

I would get the Gigabyte 5700XT Gaming OC for the least expensive model or the Sapphire Nitro+ for the more expensive models. 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Red devil or nitro+. I would advise you to either wait some more for some driver improvement or go nvidia if youre rushing, pay 70$ more and get an 2070 super. I have a new 5700xt nitro+ and its a disaster. Game crashes, flickers and so on. Maybe its just my bad luck but many many people atill have issues with 5700s, even on amd driver release notes you can see them acknowledge all these

12 hours ago, claudinho7 said:

Red devil or nitro+. I would advise you to either wait some more for some driver improvement or go nvidia if youre rushing, pay 70$ more and get an 2070 super. I have a new 5700xt nitro+ and its a disaster. Game crashes, flickers and so on. Maybe its just my bad luck but many many people atill have issues with 5700s, even on amd driver release notes you can see them acknowledge all these

Try rolling back to the previous AMD drivers (19.12.1) - worked for me after the latest update (Adrenaline 2020) caused my display to switch off when playing BFV (fine with esport titles though).

1 hour ago, GeLi said:

Try rolling back to the previous AMD drivers (19.12.1) - worked for me after the latest update (Adrenaline 2020) caused my display to switch off when playing BFV (fine with esport titles though).

nitro+ or red devil are the best of the best but its for you to decide if you want to pay the premium for that, when the gigabyte model comes back in stock you can grab it with a $30 mail in rebate and get it around $390 i think.

20 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

nitro+ or red devil are the best of the best but its for you to decide if you want to pay the premium for that, when the gigabyte model comes back in stock you can grab it with a 30# mail in rebate and get it around $390 i think.

@RaptorCock

4 minutes ago, GeLi said:

read your description, how do you like your aorus 5700xt, how much was it? differences between it and the gaming oc?

6 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

read your description, how do you like your aorus 5700xt, how much was it? differences between it and the gaming oc?

I really like it and it goes with my motherboard (synchronized RGB and all that). It was the exact same price as the Red Devil (£400) and after looking at HardwareUnboxed's review I was convinced and decided to give it a shot. I prefer the look of the Aorus card over the Red Devil but I still think the Red Devil is nice and would've gone for it if the Aorus didn't exist. Don't like the look of the Nitro+ even if the memory cooling is superior to all the other AIB models. With respect to acoustics the card is dead quiet even when playing BFV at 1440p. In terms of temps it's good but I might adjust the fan curve to a slightly more aggressive profile to improve cooling because I like to run my system nice and cool but it's definitely not a must with this card. 

Overall, would recommend. ?

1 minute ago, GeLi said:

I really like it and it goes with my motherboard (synchronized RGB and all that). It was the exact same price as the Red Devil (£400) and after looking at HardwareUnboxed's review I was convinced and decided to give it a shot. I prefer the look of the Aorus card over the Red Devil but I still think the Red Devil is nice and would've gone for it if the Aorus didn't exist. Don't like the look of the Nitro+ even if the memory cooling is superior to all the other AIB models. With respect to acoustics the card is dead quiet even when playing BFV at 1440p. In terms of temps it's good but I might adjust the fan curve to a slightly more aggressive profile to improve cooling because I like to run my system nice and cool but it's definitely not a must with this card. 

Overall, would recommend.

hows overclocking on it, or the 5700xt in general for that matter. have you done the powerplay mod?

2 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

hows overclocking on it, or the 5700xt in general for that matter. have you done the powerplay mod?

I've only had the card for a few days and was more interested in getting it on my system and then gaming. Had issues with Adrenaline 2020 so had to roll back to the previous version and now it all works fine. So I haven't had a chance to overclock or mess around with the powerplay mod but that's something I definitely want to do over the next few weeks and another reason I got the 5700 XT. Can let you know how it goes when I eventually get to it but I'm also sure there are people on this forum that have done their fair share of overclocking and powerplay mods. I've heard it being used to flash the 5700 bios to the 5700 XT so you get basically a 5700 XT for the price of a 5700 except a few little hardware differences.

Just now, GeLi said:

I've only had the card for a few days and was more interested in getting it on my system and then gaming. Had issues with Adrenaline 2020 so had to roll back to the previous version and now it all works fine. So I haven't had a chance to overclock or mess around with the powerplay mod but that's something I definitely want to do over the next few weeks and another reason I got the 5700 XT. Can let you know how it goes when I eventually get to it but I'm also sure there are people on this forum that have done their fair share of overclocking and powerplay mods. I've heard it being used to flash the 5700 bios to the 5700 XT so you get basically a 5700 XT for the price of a 5700 except a few little hardware differences.

i absolutely love tinkering but im at a phase rn where i truly just want it to work, if im gonna invest this much money in a card id prefer it just work. coming from my hackintosh days, flashing a 5700 to an xt then putting it in a ryzentosh sounds like so much fun, yet money doesnt grow on trees

3 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

i absolutely love tinkering but im at a phase rn where i truly just want it to work, if im gonna invest this much money in a card id prefer it just work. coming from my hackintosh days, flashing a 5700 to an xt then putting it in a ryzentosh sounds like so much fun, yet money doesnt grow on trees

Yeah definitely get what is best for your use case and also best for your money. There will always be time to experiment with stuff and carry out projects of your own. Doesn't have to be now.

20 minutes ago, GeLi said:

Yeah definitely get what is best for your use case and also best for your money. There will always be time to experiment with stuff and carry out projects of your own. Doesn't have to be now.

some part of me kinda regrets not getting a 3700x but my 3600 will do just fine