Upgrade advice

HaaYc

My current phone is the iPhone 7 128Gb and I want to upgrade to android device because the iPhone 11 is too expensive. So, I want to know which flagship phone is better? My carrier is AT&T.

21 minutes ago, HaaYc said:

My current phone is the iPhone 7 128Gb and I want to upgrade to android device because the iPhone 11 is too expensive. So, I want to know which flagship phone is better? My carrier is AT&T.

Unless the battery life is less than 80% I'd hang onto it honestly. Is there some compelling reason to upgrade before 5G is available?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/5g-availability-map/

If you live in a 5G area, then you could get an early 5G device (early devices have poor battery and signal performance)

According to some websites https://www.t3.com/news/best-5g-phones:

SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 5G

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10+ 5G

ONEPLUS 7 PRO 5G

HUAWEI MATE X (that's the folding one)

HUAWEI MATE 30 PRO 5G

LG V50 THINQ 5G (dual screen)

MOTO Z3

are all 5G devices. Those Samsung devices are as much as iPhones.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

Unless the battery life is less than 80% I'd hang onto it honestly. Is there some compelling reason to upgrade before 5G is available?

My reasons for upgrade my phone are I want a bigger screen to improving my reading experience. I am a college student, and I read a lot during transportation. Second, I don't need 5G, and I may not start to use it for a long time. Third, there are some issues with my iphone7, such as signal problem and freeze screen.

2 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

How much are you looking to spend? 

No more than $1000.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:36 PM, huilun02 said:

If you are talking about Android, then only you will know what is better. Because unlike the iPhones, there is a far greater variety of Android devices to choose from. With Apple, it's just a single lineup of products which you pick based on how much you willing to spend.

After a few days of consideration, I round up with the following choices: Samsung S10+ and Oneplus 7T. I have a few questions, does Andriod phone, specific Samsung, still have batteries problem, and which one is the better overall value? I do not change the phone very often unless I had to, so I want to pick one that can last longer without a fast dying battery and freeze problem.