R9 270x Driver Issues

Specs: 

AMD Sempron 145

4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 

MSI 970A-G46

320GB WD HDD

MSI R9 270x.

Seasonic 550RM

Windows 7 boots into normal mode fine through the onboard graphics. I downloaded the drivers for the graphics card which prompted to reboot the system. When rebooting into Win7 Normal mode, the screen freezes black after the windows logo. I can still access Safe Mode using the onboard graphics. What is the problem ?

Specs: 

AMD Sempron 145

4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 

MSI 970A-G46

320GB WD HDD

MSI R9 270x.

Seasonic 550RM

Windows 7 boots into normal mode fine through the onboard graphics. I downloaded the drivers for the graphics card which prompted to reboot the system. When rebooting into Win7 Normal mode, the screen freezes black after the windows logo. I can still access Safe Mode using the onboard graphics. What is the problem ?

If you are booting with the onboard make sure you plug your monitor(s) into the card, also turn off the onboard in the BIOS.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

your onboard may not auto switch so turn it off in the bios 

also why did this end up in folding not troble shooting lol

This is a mining pc. That's why its in this section of the forum. 

If you are booting with the onboard make sure you plug your monitor(s) into the card, also turn off the onboard in the BIOS.

I'll try it. BTW, the mobo doesn't even have a display output. It goes through the graphics card.

I'll try it. BTW, the mobo doesn't even have a display output. It goes through the graphics card.

Oh, Well give it a shot, Also I would try to install a older version for the drivers if this doesn't work. Also if the issue occurs when you start folding, Use an older folding software version

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Oh, Well give it a shot, Also I would try to install a older version for the drivers if this doesn't work. 

You can't disable onboard graphics on this mobo. It's not in the bios. Also, I've tried older versions of the drivers. They don't work. 

can we have what the board is ?

You gotta learn to read.

You can't disable onboard graphics on this mobo. It's not in the bios. Also, I've tried older versions of the drivers. They don't work. 

I am still figuring driver issues, just not 100% sure.

You gotta learn to read.

or not speed read 

its called dyslexia and its annoying 

is this a new set up or have you had another card on the system?

try diferent card and or slot 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

try diferent card and or slot 

I have the exact same card and everything worked fine on that one. Although something I've noticed, It was running a different GPU BIOS.