4K Scaling Bug

Hi everyone. I'm having an issue where, whenever I turn my TV on or reboot it, the whole image is zoomed in slightly so that the borders are cropped by the edges of the screen. It's almost as though Windows 10 thinks my TV is 2" bigger than it actually is. This only started happening when I switched from a 50" 4K LCD to a 65" 4K OLED

Troubleshooting I've done so far: 

• Rebooted my PC - nope
  • Used a different HDMI cable - nope
  • Used a different port on my TV - nope
  • Changed from 250% scaling to  the "Recommended" 300% - nope
  • Tried changing from 30hz to 60hz in NVIDIA Control Panel (idk why it was set to 30hz) - nope
  • Uninstalled (and quickly reinstalled when everything went fuzzy) NVIDIA Control Panel/Drivers
  • Upon rebooting the display, changing from 3840x2160 to any other  resolution fixes the issue (this is getting old), however; 
  • Changing to 4096x2160 THEN rebooting my display makes the above fix impossible, and leaves black bars on the side of the screen. This requires me to change to a random resolution, change to Portrait mode, change back to 3840x2160, then back to Landscape mode. Found that out while writing this lol.

My hardware:

• MSI Motherboard
  • Intel Xeon e1231v3
  • 16 GB kingston ram
  • Nvida GT 1030 (HDMI 2.0 for 4K 60HZ)
  • LG B9 65" 4K UHD AI Smart OLED TV (OLED65B9PTA)

I think I'll try using different ports on my Nvidia graphics card, but I'll need a display port adaptor. 

Is anyone aware of any NVIDIA Control Panel settings, WIndows Display settings or anything that could fix this? Is it a driver issue or conflict?

Check the TV settings, sometimes that can be configured on the TV itself.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

18 hours ago, jj9987 said:

Check the TV settings, sometimes that can be configured on the TV itself.

I've checked and unfortunately there aren't really any advanced settings (not even contrast or brightness settings, just different "modes") which is a bit silly for a smart TV at this price point. 
Thank you for your input though :)

1 hour ago, Roryjj said:

I've checked and unfortunately there aren't really any advanced settings (not even contrast or brightness settings)

I kind of doubt that I had a LG TV, they love settings 

And it's like the most standard feature. 

Did you read your manual? 

Does your TV's settings look anything like this? 

IMG_20191210_122959.thumb.jpg.7ea4d1a1c51a3b366e401e5fadd9db55.jpg

Tbh I also think this could be a setting in your TV,  if you can't find the option maybe try calling LG customer support. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Mine looks absolutely nothing like that, but I appreciate the nudge to look deeper! Everything is hidden behind "Picture Mode Settings". There's an option called super resolution which I've disabled, and it did nothing to fix the issue. There are no other resolution-related settings. 
I've found that this issue only occurs after my TV has fully turned "off" and isn't in some sort of standby mode, OR when the HDMI cable is unplugged and plugged back in. So basically when my TV loses a connection to my PC.
I'll call LG support to see if there's anything they can think of.