Will this work

JAMlE

So yesterday I started this thread asking if this loop would work but have since changed my mind on which cards I'm going to get and I have come up with this:

pWJATuX.jpg

I want to get the 280x's because I want to start mining ltc and I have been told that Nvidia cards are shit for mining.

Will this work? Any suggestions for improvement?

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

I guess you can flip the top res around so the runs are smaller? but otherwise it looks nice

You should really consider going with a Laing pump. It will give you better performance and it has a much longer MTBF.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

You should really consider going with a Laing pump. It will give you better performance and it has a much longer MTBF.

I'll consider it. Need to find somewhere to mount it though

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

I'll consider it. Need to find somewhere to mount it though

There are multiple bay reservoir combos available for both DDC and D5 pumps.

EDIT: Also, would it not be better to just put a 360 in the front, as oppose to splitting them? You would save a lot of money.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

There are multiple bay reservoir combos available for both DDC and D5 pumps.

EDIT: Also, would it not be better to just put a 360 in the front, as oppose to splitting them? You would save a lot of money.

I thought the 750d only supported 240mm and 280mm rads in the front, maybe I'm wrong?

Also do any manufacturers sell 280x with waterblocks pre-installed like the Hydro Copper 780?

I thought the 750d only supported 240mm and 280mm rads in the front, maybe I'm wrong?

Also do any manufacturers sell 280x with waterblocks pre-installed like the Hydro Copper 780?

My mistake, the way you drew the diagram confused me.

Some watercooling retailers offer block mounting but it really isn't that difficult.

As @Ghost said about shops doing it for you but I will be the priceof the GPU and block with a little fee but you will have the warranty from the shop. But if you dont have a local shop that does it I can tell you from experience that I have recently installed a waterblock on a GPU for the first time and its quite easy AS LONG as you follow the instructions

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

As @Ghost said about shops doing it for you but I will be the priceof the GPU and block with a little fee but you will have the warranty from the shop. But if you dont have a local shop that does it I can tell you from experience that I have recently installed a waterblock on a GPU for the first time and its quite easy AS LONG as you follow the instructions

Yeah, the only reason I want to get it pre-installed is for the warranty.

Yeah, the only reason I want to get it pre-installed is for the warranty.

As long as there is no sign of a waterblock being on it when you return it. Then it's fine. Just keep the original thermal pads.

So yesterday I started this thread asking if this loop would work but have since changed my mind on which cards I'm going to get and I have come up with this:

pWJATuX.jpg

I want to get the 280x's because I want to start mining ltc and I have been told that Nvidia cards are shit for mining.

What you should change is the pump/res combo because that pump will not be strong enough to send the water quickly. try this pump/res combo instead.....http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16144/ex-res-372/XSPC_Dual_525_Bay_Black_Reservoir_-_w_D5_Variant_Pump_Installed.html?tl=g59c671s2151#blank

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I want to get the 280x's because I want to start mining ltc and I have been told that Nvidia cards are crap for mining.

since you are going RX in the roof, i'd use an RX in the floor and dump the AX120.

it'll remove a couple of failure points, less hose to route/replace, have decent air-flow

into the case and has some continuity. using all three version of radiators will make

fan selection very hard to get correct.

using the X20 in a multi-block loop is asking for failure. should use at minimum the

Laing DDS or D5, and the D5 is quieter and less prone to heating failures.

now to the mining, it'd be great to keep the cards cool and possibly go for a throat-cutting

overclock, but to make this insane amount of money back to make the return on

investment work water cooling is wasting profit and making your venture bust before

starting. so to make it easy, roll a corsair 200R, good fans, your setup and start

mining. less cost of startup and can recoup the investment quicker. and then water

cooling your gaming rig with your profits. just my take on making money.