My First Build!

Zeet

Hi everyone,

Not 100% complete, waiting on some RGB light strips to come in to get those extra FPS and it can use a bit better cable management. But I was excited to show off my first time building. I've been watching a lot of LTT videos and other YouTubers on tips on how to build.

So to give some context where I started.
I originally bought a refurbished HP-Omen 870-217 - Then I slowly started to upgrade that pre-built only to realize... it's a pain, as the case was small, Mobo was small, made it hard to fit a RTX 2060 comfortable, couldn't cable manage how I wanted to, PSU was terrible.

So I took that whole kit and basically rebuilt and only kept 3 items
i7-7700 Processor
120GB SSD with the OS

1TB HDD

Was really fun to put together my first pc! ? Still troubleshooting some issues but she's purring.

Everything else are pieces I've picked up and swapped :) PCPP List for reference at bottom (please note the Storage is not accurate):

Before Image:
Old.thumb.jpg.5bb92e0ff8ab186b3ba9d441c71f1d70.jpg

After Image:
Front1light.thumb.jpg.f015c7b21015c728ad078140cd9b3653.jpg 

Back2light.jpg

Pretty stylish, what price did you scoop the mobo up for?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Pretty stylish, what price did you scoop the mobo up for?

No sale so got it for $159. During Black Friday Weekend - i was looking for any deals but since I have a 7th gen processor I didn't see many deals. All the mobos i ran into were for 8th and 9th gen chips.

21 minutes ago, Zeet said:

No sale so got it for $159. During Black Friday Weekend - i was looking for any deals but since I have a 7th gen processor I didn't see many deals. All the mobos i ran into were for 8th and 9th gen chips.

Ouch, always best to buy last gen Intel hardware used fyi

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Ouch, always best to buy last gen Intel hardware used fyi

Learning curve! ? I'll keep that in mind when I decide to start upgrading my build again but think this will last me a good amount of time

Just quick question, did you mount your cpu cooler opposite direction?? Looks like fan on cpu cooler is blowing air inside of the case

F26EFF71-2FA1-4159-99D9-23398A7CC868.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Nope! CPU cooler fan is blowing away from the Heatsink, straight into the rear exhaust fan. The Angle and IO Covering makes the perspective look weird.