*DONE* "Christmas Calendar" - Reaper PC

AT0MAC

20. December

Me and December builds is maybe not the best idea, never goes as I plan... 2 years ago the build did not end up being done until May and last years build log in December is still unfinished because I just don't have the time to do it right.
This year I thought it would be different, but I can see now that all my planning and prep did not work out, we are now 1 day after my own deadline and I miss updates from the past 4 days.... Opps I've done it again...

You get them here anyway:

w0zD3w.jpg

One of the objectives in this build is to make the cabling almost disappear. One of the ways is to carefully place holes in places you normally don't look.

Fnlb6g.jpg

C6solN.jpg

I got fans!

FoCABQ.jpg

And the rad got mounted with "invisible cables"

wONvAr.jpg

See you in a few for another update

My Gaming PC: 27833

21. December

First a little backstory, in 2010 I modded Macs and iPods, there is almost no one who does that, I did.

One of my projects was to bring a Mac Mini to the Dark Side:

mzckjF.jpg

It got wildly popular a lot of places on the web back then, and It made me want to do another crazy project 2 years later, I installed the fastest possible RAM a Mac Mini would recognize with the lowest timings and found at the time some of the highest performing SSDs and I adjusted and modded a little on the cooling solution so I for a short time had what was considered the worlds fastest Mac Mini

nwCpE8.jpg

Those 2 machines back then made people recognize me on various Mac sites and a lot of my pictures got shares and reposts on the internet in places I barely know. It's also a part of the story of why I call myself "AT0MAC" which is now much more than just an alias. That's a story for another time.
By telling you this, it brings us back to this build, I am giving my friend one of the SSDs there was in the very fast Mac Mini I build, it's a pretty special SSD to me.

Before:

4PjcsV.jpg

After a little acetone:
KBDeWC.jpg

After a UV marker, a little lacquer and a UV LED:
bZJ7pK.jpg

After this I ran into a unforeseen challenge. How am I going to cable everything up??

Ended up placing the plate on 2 old chairs and crawl in under it, just like if it was a car.

aXMmHO.jpg

The result in the end kinda looks like a bomb... There are sooo many things on the backside

350NNK.jpg

Also mounted a very long white LED strip, it is powered off an always on USB port on the motherboard and there is a on/off switch on the wire in case it should not be on all the time.
The wallmount also got mounted on, its made to hang up much heavier televisions so should work perfectly for this.

See you soon for another update

22. December

We are so close now....

I just need to sort out the last pictures and you will see the whole thing assembled

m0mcy6.jpg

23rd December

If you look carefully, the wall mount is mounted a little wonky on one of the last pictures. Had to fix it but how do you do that on a wallmounted PC?! With kitchen tissue rolls as a lift!

jxWgQ8.jpg

There are so many little details in this build, so I decided that you get some detail pictures in this update and then the finished one little later.

One of the details are the UV LEDs who light up the SSD, they are placed on the PSU cover, I marked them with purple and marked with blue on the SSD where I have done the UV marker, its invisible in daylight and ONLY visible when the UV lights are on.

That's freaking cool!

NEd6cu.jpg

The painted graphics card turned out pretty sweet, it is not really visible unless you look at it right from the side, but it turned out good.

QB1PX7.jpg

qUWvKR.jpg

The little mod on the AIO also turned out pretty good, it matches pretty well with the rest of the hardware.

oBgKmR.jpg

Reaper Cables looks so good, they really tie into the rest of the build really well! 

Tqfthm.jpg

jk1dA4.jpg

Give me a little more time and I show the whole thing assembled.

24th December

Let me present:

*Reaper PC*

pNz6eW.jpg

gloWjK.jpg

Test-fit at my place:

ZhExVa.jpg

pOsBIH.jpg

And this is how it looks installed at the owner (switched off), right next to a window and above his 2 monitors

fP7UsD.jpg

Thanks to everyone looking
This have been a challenge and very fun to build, hope you like the result as much as I do.

Merry Christmas, Yo-Ho-HOoo to everyone

UWEH2N.png