3 Way Monitor Display Not Working

Hello All,

So recently I have acquired a 3rd monitor from my brothers old PC. I wish to set up a 3 way set up however am having trouble doing so. I have had 2 monitors working for over a year but when adding the third and attempt to save the settings it is unable to.

I am using a Samsung Sync Master BX2450 as my primary monitor and two older BenQ FP71V monitors as secondary monitors. My graphics card is a MSI R6950 Twin FroZr III. Operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

When in the windows settings all monitors are detected and working, however when I set the displays to extend or duplicate accross more than 2 it says "Unable to save Display Settings". I have also tried using AMD's Catalyst program and am still unable to do so through that.

Now I know that my graphics card supports a multi monitor set up but only using Display Port and 2 legacy ports. So I have used a Mini Display Port to HDMI converter with a HDMI cable for my primary monitors, a HMDI to DVI cable for one secondary monitor and a standard DVI cable for the second. I have also tried using 2 standard DVI cables and that doesn't seem to work either.

Is it that all three monitors are not running the same resolution? This is the reason I believe it is not working.

Help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Sam Alevizopoulos

Is the monitor connected directly to Displayport? You need an active Displayport to DVI adapter. 

Error: 410

Is the monitor connected directly to Displayport? You need an active Displayport to DVI adapter. 

I am using a Display Port to HDMI adapter not DVI. Does this matter?

I am using a Display Port to HDMI adapter not DVI. Does this matter?

If the adapter is not active (which it probably isn't) 3+ monitors won't work. For more than two the Displayport adapter has to be either active or direct displayport to monitor. 

Error: 410

If the adapter is not active (which it probably isn't) 3+ monitors won't work. For more than two the Displayport adapter has to be either active or direct displayport to monitor. 

Thank you, ill look around and see if i can pick up an Active Display Port adapter.