buying a b450 for ryzen 3600 without having an older chip

sr.ded

I'm looking to upgrade from an i5 6500 to ryzen 5 3600 and I don't need any of the things that only x470 or x570 have and I want an m atx form factor which is apparently dead so I'm looking into buying a mid ranged b450 mobo but I don't own or have access to an older cpu to update the bios and I don't know if it's possible to update without one or if I can get one that's already updated from amazon/newegg I can't find a pc store (idk what you call them) near since I'm in israel and I'm aware of two that know anything about the parts they sell I was thinking about the ASRock B450M PRO4 but if there is a different one can be updated without a cpu or is a better idea I'd welcome the advice

isn't it an atx board? I need an m-atx board since that's the case I have and I'm happy with it and can't afford to upgrade it as well

All the B450 MSI boards that have "MAX" on them work with 3rd gen Ryzen out of the box. For Asrock, I've heard that their B450 Steel Legend series boards also support it out of the box.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

1 minute ago, sr.ded said:

isn't it an atx board? I need an m-atx board since that's the case I have and I'm happy with it and can't afford to upgrade it as well

Go for the MSI Mortar Max. This is the mATX equivalient of the Tomahawk.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W