Firefox Blocking Ads

Wysoseriouss

Hey guys,

A little while back I noticed that oddly, while watching YouTube videos and Twitch streams, I was not experiencing any ads. I did once run adblock, but I have since disabled and uninstalled it on all my browsers since I learned that the YouTubers and streamers don't get paid if I adblock them. However, my Firefox seems to have continued to block ads even without any adblock software enabled. Would anyone have any ideas as to why this would be happening?

I know the problem is something to do with Firefox as my Chrome still displays ads.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

......and this is bad how?

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

well beside the streamers not getting there fair share of your 3 cents its not really that bad

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

It probably needs a reinstall, and maake sure to delete all user dara as well

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Ok so, I did a little more digging/trial and error and found the problem. Turns out disabling my Avast addon for Firefox fixed it and the ads are now enabled. So for anyone now reading this post, just a heads up, Avast's Firefox (and probably chrome, if they have one) extension also blocks ads for whatever reason.

Whether or not you believe adblocking is ok, I don't mind, but for people like me who were trying to allow the ads so that the people I watch on YouTube and twitch can get paid, also look in to disabling the Avast extension (or not installing it in the first place, I don't actually remember doing myself, I just figured it was part of an update to my antivirus).

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

reinstall adblock, turn off the filters in the options and reinstall again.

Ok so, I did a little more digging/trial and error and found the problem. Turns out disabling my Avast addon for Firefox fixed it and the ads are now enabled. So for anyone now reading this post, just a heads up, Avast's Firefox (and probably chrome, if they have one) extension also blocks ads for whatever reason.

Whether or not you believe adblocking is ok, I don't mind, but for people like me who were trying to allow the ads so that the people I watch on YouTube and twitch can get paid, also look in to disabling the Avast extension (or not installing it in the first place, I don't actually remember doing myself, I just figured it was part of an update to my antivirus).

It is most likely blocking ads because a lot of ads from websites track your browsing and activity.

It is most likely blocking ads because a lot of ads from websites track your browsing and activity.

That's what I figured, which is why I originally turned off the ad tracking option on the extension, but it kept blocking ads after that so I ruled it out as a possibility, but only disabling it completely actually stopped the adblocking.