Battery dead or phone dead?

TitanOne

Hello!

Imma keep this short:

My phone does not want to recharge the battery.  I've opened it up and measured the battery voltage and noticed that it goes up from 2.7V up to 2.8-2.81v with the charger plugged in and then dips below 2.7v, onpy to crawl up slowly again. 

Would the issue be the battery or the charge circuitry in the phone?

4 hours ago, TitanOne said:

Could be an issue with either. Easy way to test is to replace the battery with a known-good working battery, or pay Louis Rossmann for a full board analysis at the IC level.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

5 hours ago, kirashi said:

Could be an issue with either. Easy way to test is to replace the battery with a known-good working battery, or pay Louis Rossmann for a full board analysis at the IC level.

Well, dang.

Still thanks

18 hours ago, TitanOne said:

Hello!

Imma keep this short:

My phone does not want to recharge the battery.  I've opened it up and measured the battery voltage and noticed that it goes up from 2.7V up to 2.8-2.81v with the charger plugged in and then dips below 2.7v, onpy to crawl up slowly again. 

How much V is the cable you connected?

9 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

How much V is the cable you connected?

It should be 5v (or 12v when quickcharge kicks in, gotta measure again to make sure. EDIT: Nope, Quickcharge stays off, the voltage out of the Micro USB cable stays at around 4.83v EDIT END But i also tried with a different charger and it's still the same behavior as described below)

When i disconnect the battery and plug the charger in the voltage at the battery terminals jumps up to 3.8v, with the battery connected it floats around the marks mentioned above

Edited by TitanOne
Measured the voltage!

On 11/10/2019 at 4:52 PM, TitanOne said:

When i disconnect the battery and plug the charger in the voltage at the battery terminals jumps up to 3.8v, with the battery connected it floats around the marks mentioned above

I think the battery is dead.

10 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

I think the battery is dead.

At least I didn't order a new one in vain :/