VestaCP DNS Nameservers not responding.

lukesterboy

Hi i'm trying to configure my domain to point to custom nameservers that are being hosted by VestaCP.

The domain i have is lukedyte.me and i'm trying to have the nameservers be ns1.lukedyte.me and ns2.lukedyte.me

According to intodns.com the nameservers are not responding.

VestaCP is running on a CentOS VM that has no firewalld service running. port53 is open and so dns requests should be able to reach it.

I've waited over 48 hours for it to propagate, its probably been about 4 days now. Some servers can resolve the domain and find it's name servers and some can't.

My domain is working fine when using cloudflare dns but is not working with other providers which i find especially strange.

900029832_dnscheck.thumb.PNG.d96344a3d651db070e8f0130d17816b4.PNG

I have the ns1. and ns2. records all pointing to an A record.

Any ideas? 

Thanks, Luke.

nameserver intodns2.PNG

nameserver intodns1.PNG

Are you setting the dns server yourself or does Vestacp offer a dns service with custom nameservers?

if you are setting it up yourself what software are you using?

17 hours ago, mtz_federico said:

Are you setting the dns server yourself or does Vestacp offer a dns service with custom nameservers?

if you are setting it up yourself what software are you using?

VESTACP offers a dns service, BIND (named) service, so once you configure the info it just configures it with BIND. The weird thing is my website works fine when using cloudflare dns but no other dns works.

intodns says that you are missing a few records, that could be a problem.

If you don't need to do anything special with dns and aren't experimenting then I would highly recommend that you use a dns provider like cloudflare. doing it yourself is a pain.