Good Headphones For $40

birdflyer

I was looking at the Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphones with Mic, https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIopHK_9vW5QIVWR-tBh2cngXfEAQYAiABEgJyNfD_BwE

or the Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones https://smile.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=FBRW2HQ6K7O9&keywords=superlux+hd681&qid=1573082286&sprefix=superlux%2Caps%2C214&sr=8-3

Any better options?

Thanks, Birdflyer

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

Oh, If there is a good wireless option that might be good, not a huge deciding mater, just a nice-to-have.

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

I haven't tried their over ear stuff, but i've had good luck with monoprice's "enhanced bass" earbuds.
I mention this because there isn't a whole lot of standout headphones in that price range whereas there's some solid choices for earbuds... but that's just my 2 cents on the subject.
The cheapest headphones i'd "recommend" are Audiotechnica ATH M50's.
any cheaper than that and i usually say just buy whatever is the most comfortable or has the features you want.
if you don't care about features or comfort, just look into earbuds.
That's always how I looked at it, but i'm curious to hear what other people have to say because it's not very often i look at headphones in that price range so maybe i'm missing some cheap good ones.

Ya I have the Monoprice Hi-Fi Reflective Sound Technology Earbuds Headphones - Black/Carbonite with in-Line Controller (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YN6MS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and are happy with those for working out, running, etc. However I was looking for a good pair of over ears. (I should have specified) thanks for your opinion though. :) 

The kiss line up is really decent kph30i with yaxi pads or Koss ksc75's or ports pros all with yaxi pads in particular I find a more enjoyable choice than superlux headphones. But if you want a. Nice pair of iems blon o3's with the purchase of better eartips and potentially a cable is a good option or tin t2.  Or if you can honestly save another $20-$30 and grab a creative aurvana live 1 not 2 the first model or blon b8 would be a more worthwhile headphone aim sound and especially build quality. And if you ever upgrade to.more expensive headphones for the love of God don't get the m50's they aren't great for much and what they are decent at there are better options for a similar or cheaper price

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

The kiss line up is really decent kph30i with yaxi pads or Koss ksc75's or ports pros all with yaxi pads in particular I find a more enjoyable choice than superlux headphones. But if you want a. Nice pair of iems blon o3's with the purchase of better eartips and potentially a cable is a good option or tin t2.  Or if you can honestly save another $20-$30 and grab a creative aurvana live 1 not 2 the first model or blon b8 would be a more worthwhile headphone aim sound and especially build quality. And if you ever upgrade to.more expensive headphones for the love of God don't get the m50's they aren't great for much and what they are decent at there are better options for a similar or cheaper price

2 hours ago, funrelax said:

I use MPOW H5 headphones (Normal price $49.99 on Amazon but currently a coupon for $10 off) and I'm pretty satisfied with them. The noise cancelling is decent and they are wireless. 

OK, thanks to you both.

The Superlux HD 681 is the worst sounding headphone I have ever tried. I would rather stab my ears with a rusty knife. 

That being said, the AKG K72 or K92 is an excellent choice. They sound pretty good and they're very comfortable. 

25 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

The Superlux HD 681 is the worst sounding headphone I have ever tried. I would rather stab my ears with a rusty knife. 

That being said, the AKG K72 or K92 is an excellent choice. They sound pretty good and they're very comfortable. 

I can standby the comfort of these ca s I found them so comfy that I took the pads out of one of them and put them on my k240 literally feels like a cloud