please help no start up :((((((

Andrew0472

So i had my pc fully unplugged changing two fans and i did that so i booted it up to see if the leds worked. I forgot to plug in the led cables so i did and now i cant turn my pc on. Does anypne have any suggestions im fucking freaking out so hard :(

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I assume the LED Cables that you are referring to are the Front Panel I/O cables right? If so check and see if you have properly plugged each and everyone of it to their respective pins and the polarity of it too. Make sure +ve goes to +ve while -ve goes to -ve.

I assume the LED Cables that you are referring to are the Front Panel I/O cables right? If so check and see if you have properly plugged each and everyone of it to their respective pins and the polarity of it too. Make sure +ve goes to +ve while -ve goes to -ve.

No im talking about the led cables what come with the fans :(

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

LED cables that came with the fan? you are referring to the lower cable correct? A 3 pin connector? What fans are you running, perhaps lets start with that. Also, does it work if you unplug those fans..or has the system completely stopped working irrespective if the fans are plugged in or not? Oh, and don't panic. Problems happen if you do, everything has a solution.

It turned on again but as soon as i tried to plug the led cable in it stopped...

It turned on again but as soon as i tried to plug the led cable in it stopped...

Are you trying to plug in the cable while the system is running?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

So you are referring to your CPU fan Im guessing? It could be shorting out? It's important that you give us details on what brand and model fan you are using. It could be shorting out.

im using bitfenix sperctre pros and when i plug the led fan from + to - left to right on the pins it seems to turn off my computer. I freaked out and noticed my wall adaspter not working so i took my pc downstairs and it booted up. Then i tried to connect the led fan and as soon as i did it turned off. Now it wont turn on. Maybe it will again later idk 

Are you trying to plug in the cable while the system is running?

first time round no second time yes im so stupid :( am i fucked

im using bitfenix sperctre pros and when i plug the led fan from + to - left to right on the pins it seems to turn off my computer. I freaked out and noticed my wall adaspter not working so i took my pc downstairs and it booted up. Then i tried to connect the led fan and as soon as i did it turned off. Now it wont turn on. Maybe it will again later idk 

Do not plug things into a motherboard when it has power. It is a really bad idea.

If you unplug the fans does the system boot?

Do not plug things into a motherboard when it has power. It is a really bad idea.

the thing is i plugged the led fan cable from - to + when the pc was on and it was fine but as soon as i did it the other way around it stopped the pc. The fans dont run through the motherboard. Should i leave it till morning and see if its better? it was weird when i took it downstairs and it worked

i can hear a really really faint noise from somewhere inside the system...

the thing is i plugged the led fan cable from - to + when the pc was on and it was fine but as soon as i did it the other way around it stopped the pc. The fans dont run through the motherboard. Should i leave it till morning and see if its better? it was weird when i took it downstairs and it worked

Things will not likely change if you wait a few hours. Make sure the system is not running and turn the switch on the back of the pus to off. Unplug the fans. Switch the psu back on and see if the system boots up. If it does, shut it down. Switch the psu off and plug the fans in on SYS_FAN1 (near the ATX 12V connector) pin 1 is furthest from the ATX 12V connector. On SYS_FAN2 (near the gpu slot) and SYS_FAN3 (by the front panel header) pin 1 is closest to the back of the board. Once you've plugged in the fans you can switch the psu back on and see if the machine boots.

Things will not likely change if you wait a few hours. Make sure the system is not running and turn the switch on the back of the pus to off. Unplug the fans. Switch the psu back on and see if the system boots up. If it does, shut it down. Switch the psu off and plug the fans in on SYS_FAN1 (near the ATX 12V connector) pin 1 is furthest from the ATX 12V connector. On SYS_FAN2 (near the gpu slot) and SYS_FAN3 (by the front panel header) pin 1 is closest to the back of the board. Once you've plugged in the fans you can switch the psu back on and see if the machine boots.

i have already unplugged the fans to see if that makes a difference and it hasnt so far. Two fans are using sys fan 1 and 3 slot and the other fan is using a molex connector. I tried booting it for ages and nothing happened but when i took it downstairs to another powerpoint it worked until i stupidly tried to plug the led cable in. This is so weird, if its a motherboard issue will that kill my other components?

tried to start the pc without the power button and it wont work 

Can you take a picture of what header you are plugging the fans into?

My first thought is you are plugging the fans in the wrong header / connector.  And take a picture of the fan's connectors as well.

Sounds like wherever these are being plugged in currently is causing a short.

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

Can you take a picture of what header you are plugging the fans into?

My first thought is you are plugging the fans in the wrong header / connector.  And take a picture of the fan's connectors as well.

Sounds like wherever these are being plugged in currently is causing a short.

But it wont work even when the fans are out :(

But it wont work even when the fans are out :(

So your computer won't turn on at all?  

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

Worst case scenario: you weren't grounded properly and you shorted out your motherboard

Some users have had issue's with the Gigabyte Z87M not booting, unrelated to the fan issue though. There solution was a CMOS reset. Very easy to do.

1: Power down and unplug system from the wall socket

2: Discharge the PSU by pressing the power on button afew times

3: Discharge yourself by touching a metal surface of your computer chassis

3: Remove CMOS battery. This is the round silver colored disk about your GPU. Alternatively you could use the motherboard CMOS jumper, consult manual for both options.

4: Once done plug everything in and try again

done everything, did the cmos nothing, did the psu it works have tried everything. Going to buy a new motherboard now

done everything, did the cmos nothing, did the psu it works have tried everything. Going to buy a new motherboard now

:(  Before plugging in the led stuff I would suggest that you post pictures of its plugs and or the part number.

You have just shorted out the board... You said you tried it going + to - then - to + ? I dont even understand how you could make ti go two ways when the fan headers are all keyed to go only one way. I would un plug everything, (with the PSU switched OFF obviously and yourself grounded to the case), and unscrew the motherboard from the standoffs and re secure them all and re attach the motherboard. It certainly seems like a shorting out issue. 

I am whatever I am. 

:(  Before plugging in the led stuff I would suggest that you post pictures of its plugs and or the part number.

fuck it bought a new motherboard, will not plug in the led fan thing (didnt buy the fans for the led anyway). Not sure if i will send the old one back for warranty, don't really need to. Will build the system back up tomorrow but hope my cpu, ssd and gpu is fine