Duel Monitors

So I have 2 monitors and I tried connecting my second monitor, but somehow it doesn't work. I plugged all the cables in (even re-plugged) and it still says: Cable not connected. I got pretty desperate and I don't know what to do anymore, please help me. I got a GeForce Nvidia 1050TI and the Acer TFT 24" KG241Q Full HD Freesync.

9 minutes ago, JulesDistrector said:

Cable not connected.

On the monitor, or on windows?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Doesnt work if disconnect the first monitor and use that cable on the second one?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

Doesnt work if disconnect the first monitor and use that cable on the second one?

Hmm, should try it out

1 minute ago, JulesDistrector said:

The monitor

Post a camera pic of the connections to both monitors?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Post a camera pic of the connections to both monitors?

Well my main monitor is connected via HDMI and the second is connected with dvi vga adapter

23 minutes ago, JulesDistrector said:

Well my main monitor is connected via HDMI and the second is connected with dvi vga adapter

And what does Windows say under the display settings?

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

And what does Windows say under the display settings?

What do you mean?

Just now, JulesDistrector said:

What do you mean?

Just what I said, plug in both monitors, go to Windows display settings and see what it shows about your dual monitors, if anything

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Just what I said, plug in both monitors, go to Windows display settings and see what it shows about your dual monitors, if anything

It doesn't detect the second monitor

It doesn't detect the second monitor

And under the controls of the 2nd monitor, the ones built-in, can you switch between video inputs? On my monitors I can choose from HDMI, VGA, or DVI, it's not an automatic thing. Maybe yours needs manual setting?

And under the controls of the 2nd monitor, the ones built-in, can you switch between video inputs? On my monitors I can choose from HDMI, VGA, or DVI, it's not an automatic thing. Maybe yours needs manual setting?

Yeah I already tried that, didn't work. I can try it again tho

Just now, JulesDistrector said:

Yeah I already tried that, didn't work. I can try it again tho

What are the connection (physical) options on the monitor? I'm wondering if it doesn't like the DVI to VGA adapter

What are the connection (physical) options on the monitor? I'm wondering if it doesn't like the DVI to VGA adapter

HDMI, HDMI 2 and VGA. But since I only have 1 HDMI output on my CPU and I don't have VGA output on my pc I bought a DVI VGA adapter

on my CPU

Wait..what? You're trying to plug the 2nd monitor into your motherboard?

2 minutes ago, JulesDistrector said:

Hmm, have you also tried a non-active adapter? If yes what monitors?

Non active adapters will not work, plain and simple. That's why we need active ones. I went through this myself years ago and learned the hard way.

Just now, TempestCatto said:

Non active adapters will not work, plain and simple. That's why we need active ones. I went through this myself years ago and learned the hard way.

I'll take your advice :D.

8 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I bought 1 :D. Thank you so much for the help <3.

1 hour ago, JulesDistrector said:

I bought 1 :D. Thank you so much for the help <3.

Happy to assist :)