Looking for network monitoring software of some sort

2FA

So I need software that can monitor switch port interfaces (Cisco Catalyst 9000 series) and preferably identify which client is attached to each interface including IP and/or hostname but both would be preferable. We already have a couple of Nagios server but I'm pretty sure we're just running free installs so using it for this purpose would be tedious for this task I presume (I haven't touched Nagios myself but from what I've seen briefly of it, it seems like a lot of work in this case). I've looked at both PTRG and OpManager in terms of paid solutions which would definitely do what I want but seems pricey for my needs, especially since we're multi site. LibreNMS seems like it could work but unfortunately their demo site wasn't working so I didn't get a chance to see its implementation. Another free option would be Netbox + NAPALM which could be useful for its IPAM functionality as well (we have an Excel spreadsheet currently for our schema).

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

For small to medium deployments LibreNMS is perfect. It begins to choke even with beefy resources after you have 3-4000+ nodes. Plus it support many plugins for IPAM and netflow.

Client/IP/Hostname is pretty trivial with next to all monitoring solutions, so no matter what you go, with proper setup it should get you all the info you need. 

Go free to start because you better know exactly what features you are needing when you begin getting into the paid solutions.