Gpu stuck in idle

Oskar Mcfarlane

So I have a new gigabyte 2070 super and it's stuck in idle mode constantly was sent back but they found no issues can't find out what's wrong 

Are you plugging into the card, or the motherboard for video?

What're the full details of the build?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

2 minutes ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Are you plugging into the card, or the motherboard for video?

What're the full details of the build?

yes pugged into the card i7 8700k 750 watt psu asus prime z370 p 2070 super 

How are you monitoring the usage? What are you doing when you are trying to see the usage? What are your Nvidia control panel settings set to?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

2 minutes ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

How are you monitoring the usage? What are you doing when you are trying to see the usage? What are your Nvidia control panel settings set to?

gpu z i have second monitor set up nvidia is on performance mode and other modes dont make a difference 

Pics of a benchmark running and the gpu software on the other screen. As well as gpuz 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz