Is my GPU OK? Screen flashes (remnants?) during browsing, typing etc

Otto_iii

Recently built a system and its been running good all month, opened it up to do some cable management recently, and soon after, possibly unrelated (probably/hopefully) i've noticed that im getting inconsistent screen flashing while browsing the internet.  Now originally i noticed this after turning off "hardware acceleration" to free up a bit of GPU headroom if i left a few tabs open and was in a game, however it doesn't seem to be related to that as it has continued after turning Hardware Acceleration back on.  Although if that is a potential cause (im on R5 3600 CPU) i would still ask as i run multiple programs without acceleration currently. 

Best i can describe the issue is often i will be typing, this specific website its fairly noticable for whatever reason, but also same with youtube or any other website ive noticed the flash usually while typing.  What it looks like is (its very hard to see with higher refresh monitor) but a image of a previously open screen, say the desktop or a previously opened file will flash on the screen.  I'd vaguely relate the flashes im seeing to "remnants" in the same way that games which will not take a proper screenshot with standard Print Screen key will give you a image from minutes to hours ago, but not the one you took, yet its flashing up on my screen at random, if not random then during key presses usually, or while moving something in an text window. 

The card is a Asus RX 580 4gb Dual OC, which i have read in the past has poor cooling on the ram modules.  Oddly enough i haven't yet noticed this problem with intensive use like a videogames, it only seems to happen, or atleast be noticable while browsing, happening most often when typing. 

Any clue what is causing this issue? Has anybody had a issue like this before?  I still have 30 day window to return the GPU but for all i know it could be any assortment of issues, including possibly a simple misconfigured setting in the browser or something ?‍♂️ 

Edit: I noticed reports of something similar happening with Chrome, but fairly sure ive had this issue in Discord and Microsoft Edge as well (yes i know i know, edge is poop), ill report back if its chrome only, and or if it only happens when chrome is open (say if it happens with discord but chrome is open fullscreen behind it).