mouse and keyboard help

themaniac

i was going to get the razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 keyboard and the razer naga 2014 but people keep telling me to get a different keyboard and mouse 

i want a mouse thats laser and i want a wired mouse

i want a keyboard that is mechanical and i want the keys to need some force to push down but i don't want it to be super load

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Why do you want a laser mouse?  I'm assuming you want cherry brown switches?  

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

What's your budget?

around $100 usd for the mouse and around $150 for the keyboard

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Why do you want a laser mouse?  I'm assuming you want cherry brown switches?  

well i just want a laser mouse and i don't know much about the different swicthes

Spoiler

Do you really need that many buttons on the side of a mouse? If not, they're just going to get in the way an awful lot. The Razer Deathadder 2013 is much better in that case, or one of the excellent Mionix laser mice. As for keyboard, that one is okay but you can definitely do better. The Corsair K70 is my personal favoured recommendation because of a very solid build quality and functionality. It also comes ina a variety of switches, you might enjoy the Brown ones. They aren't too heavy or light and are considered a good switch for any sort of activity.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

well i just want a laser mouse and i don't know much about the different swicthes

What games will you be playing?  For a keyboard I suggest the G710+, Ducky Shine 3 with Brown switches or Corsair K70 with Browns.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

If you want Brown switches (tactile bump, a bit less activation force required than blues, no audio feedback - it's more of a clack than a click)

• K70 from Corsair
  • G710+ from Logitech
  • Shine 3 from Ducky

If you want Blue switches (tactile bump, a bit more activation force required than browns, audio feedback - the click) and I believe that's what the Blackwidow uses

• K70 from Corsair
  • Shine 3 from Ducky

You also have cheaper keyboards from CM, but since you have the budget these are all good choices. The 710+/K70 have dedicated media keys and volume wheel which is nice. The Shine 3 is very solid, but so are the K70 and the G710+. The K70 has blue backlit, G710+ a white backlit and I believe you can choose your color for the Shine 3. :)

Do you really need that many buttons on the side of a mouse? If not, they're just going to get in the way an awful lot. The Razer Deathadder 2013 is much better in that case, or one of the excellent Mionix laser mice. As for keyboard, that one is okay but you can definitely do better. The Corsair K70 is my personal favoured recommendation because of a very solid build quality and functionality. It also comes ina a variety of switches, you might enjoy the Brown ones. They aren't too heavy or light and are considered a good switch for any sort of activity.

i want a mouse that has some buttons on the side because i want to try them out and i don't like the look of the K70

Spoiler

What games will you be playing?  For a keyboard I suggest the G710+, Ducky Shine 3 with Brown switches or Corsair K70 with Browns.

right now i only have and play is minecraft civ 5 i have skyrim but my computer i have right now can't play it

Spoiler

If you want Brown switches (tactile bump, a bit less activation force required than blues, no audio feedback - it's more of a clack than a click)

• K70 from Corsair
  • G710+ from Logitech
  • Shine 3 from Ducky

If you want Blue switches (tactile bump, a bit more activation force required than browns, audio feedback - the click) and I believe that's what the Blackwidow uses

• K70 from Corsair
  • Shine 3 from Ducky

You also have cheaper keyboards from CM, but since you have the budget these are all good choices. The 710+/K70 have dedicated media keys and volume wheel which is nice. The Shine 3 is very solid, but so are the K70 and the G710+. The K70 has blue backlit, G710+ a white backlit and I believe you can choose your color for the Shine 3. :)

i'll the get the G710+ what about a mouse

Spoiler

i'll the get the G710+ what about a mouse

The Deathadder is a great choice, I personally use the G602 from Logitech and I love it. It's a wireless mouse, but it has a very good "connection" and the best battery life for a wireless mouse. Don't get that if you're doing competitions of FPS and whatnot, but for everyday usage and gaming it's a very nice mouse. One less wire to worry about ^^

The Deathadder is a great choice, I personally use the G602 from Logitech and I love it. It's a wireless mouse, but it has a very good "connection" and the best battery life for a wireless mouse. Don't get that if you're doing competitions of FPS and whatnot, but for everyday usage and gaming it's a very nice mouse. One less wire to worry about ^^

ok does the G602 come with a wire 

Spoiler

ok does the G602 come with a wire 

No, it's powered by AA batteries (you can put one or two)

It's not chargeable, but a single set of batteries will last you months. (haven't change mine in two months, and according to LGS it's still more than 50% charged)

No, it's powered by AA batteries (you can put one or two)

It's not chargeable, but a single set of batteries will last you months. (haven't change mine in two months, and according to LGS it's still more than 50% charged)

ok thanks i'll get the G710+ and the G602

Spoiler

ok thanks i'll get the G710+ and the G602

Two great choices, I had this kit until I changed the 710+ for a K70, because I wanted Blue switches :P

Two great choices, I had this kit until I changed the 710+ for a K70, because I wanted Blue switches :P

is the G602 laser and is the G700s a good mouse

Spoiler

I would recommend rechargeables if you're going wireless.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I would recommend rechargeables if you're going wireless.

well i wasn't going to get a wireless mouse

Spoiler

The G602 is wireless, you said you were gonna get that.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

The G602 is wireless ..

And IMO the G602 is just fine, it has a much better battery life than the G700s. The G700s has a wire, but the battery life is so bad that it's always plugged in. At that point, get a wired mouse.

The G602 is wireless ..

And IMO the G602 is just fine, it has a much better battery life than the G700s. The G700s has a wire, but the battery life is so bad that it's always plugged in. At that point, get a wired mouse.

yeah but you have been convincing me to get it and is the G500 good

Spoiler

yeah but you have been convincing me to get it and is the G500 good

Yes, the G500 is good.

Yes, the G500 is good.

thanks i think i will get the G500

Spoiler