Laptop Hinges Destroyed...Help?

As you can see by the pictures, the laptop has destroyed the standoff for the hinges. Notice the standoffs are still attached to the computer, while the main body plastic is completely destroyed. The model number is W650SZ (OEM laptop, I think Clevo is the manufacturer) Would it be wise to simply use this computer just as a desktop computer?

image.jpg

image.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

4 minutes ago, PokeCatz said:

As you can see by the pictures, the laptop has destroyed the standoff for the hinges. Notice the standoffs are still attached to the computer, while the main body plastic is completely destroyed. The model number is W650SZ (OEM laptop, I think Clevo is the manufacturer) Would it be wise to simply use this computer just as a desktop computer?

You can try sourcing a replacement bottom cover, then removing the screws from the existing grommets so you can just screw them into the replacement.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

24 minutes ago, kirashi said:

You can try sourcing a replacement bottom cover, then removing the screws from the existing grommets so you can just screw them into the replacement.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Welp the top cover would need replacing as well. Honestly the laptop is more than 6 years old at this point so it is probably time for an upgrade.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB