Huawei P20 Lite force firmware upgrade

levi_athan1701

Hello,

I would like to find out if its possible to modify the firmware of a smart phone in one of two ways: 1) changing a phone's identify essentially fooling it into thinking is a superior model, for example, making a Huawei P20 Lite think its the pro version OR 2) forcibly upgrading the current android software to a newer version, in my case, from Android 9.0 / EMUI 9.1 to Android 10 / EMUI 10.  I've tried to do research and find sources to assist me but I haven't found anything.

My reasoning for option one is that I would be able to download the official EMUI upgrade a lot sooner and I imagine it would be the safer option. However, if that fails, I guess option two would omit the in-between hassles and upgrade it directly to the newer EMUI / Android version.

I am extremely eager to get the universal dark mode on my phone and unfortunately, these third party dark themes just aren't working for me.

Any advise is greatly appreciated :) 

Regards,

leviathan1701

"That is from an obscure language known as French- Mr. Data, the french language for centuries on Earth represented civilisation- But surely sir... - I suggest you drop it Mr. Data" - ST TNG

11 minutes ago, leviathan1701 said:

1) changing a phone's identify essentially fooling it into thinking is a superior model, for example, making a Huawei P20 Lite think its the pro version

Yes but you won't get updates, this is due to phones having different sets of components. You are out of luck, you can try rooting but most method of rooting a Huawei phones are very sketchy. 

-https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9098&idPhone2=9106