Please Help!

Just now, HarveyBustin12 said:

Sorry! i was playing fortnite, yes im getting the anne pro 2 keyboard and the model o mouse can you maybe walk me through on my birthday how to set it up?

Lol np. I probably can, but like peeps said on the other thread, you can just find really good guides on YouTube. If you watch those and take your time it'll all turn out fine. PCs are like Legos but they only fit in one way, if you don't hurry and miss something (I've forgotten to plug the CPU power in so many times), and don't force a connector where it doesn't belong, you'll be fine. If your parents are down you can get one of them to watch along and help you put it together if you're worried. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Lol np. I probably can, but like peeps said on the other thread, you can just find really good guides on YouTube. If you watch those and take your time it'll all turn out fine. PCs are like Legos but they only fit in one way, if you don't hurry and miss something (I've forgotten to plug the CPU power in so many times), and don't force a connector where it doesn't belong, you'll be fine. If your parents are down you can get one of them to watch along and help you put it together if you're worried. 

Ok thanks!

30 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Hey! is there any other RTX 2060s that are cheaper? or is that the cheapest one?

7 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

Hey! is there any other RTX 2060s that are cheaper? or is that the cheapest one?

That was the cheapest one on PCPartPicker currently, they'll go on sale sometimes though.

4 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

Doesn't look like a bad rig, but you're only getting 8GB RAM instead of a proper 16. You can just add more later though. The main issue is they only used one stick, Ryzen performs much, much better with dual channel RAM (2 sticks in staggered slots, either slots 1/3 or 2/4). But again you can just grab a 2x8GB kit (you always want matching DIMMs) later on. It does have a 2600X too which is nice, IIRC that has PBO and can boost itself, meaning you don't need to bother with overclocking it yourself (my 2700X, the bigger version of that, boosted cores in use higher than I could overclock them anyways). 

The only other issues with prebuilts is they usually cheap out on the PSU (an important part of the PC, if those blow they can take the whole rig with them), mobo, and sometimes the RAM. That case may not be the best for airflow either, but for that hardware it's probably fine. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

That was the cheapest one on PCPartPicker currently, they'll go on sale sometimes though.

Doesn't look like a bad rig, but you're only getting 8GB RAM instead of a proper 16. You can just add more later though. The main issue is they only used one stick, Ryzen performs much, much better with dual channel RAM (2 sticks in staggered slots, either slots 1/3 or 2/4). But again you can just grab a 2x8GB kit (you always want matching DIMMs) later on. It does have a 2600X too which is nice, IIRC that has PBO and can boost itself, meaning you don't need to bother with overclocking it yourself (my 2700X, the bigger version of that, boosted cores in use higher than I could overclock them anyways). 

The only other issues with prebuilts is they usually cheap out on the PSU (an important part of the PC, if those blow they can take the whole rig with them), mobo, and sometimes the RAM. That case may not be the best for airflow either, but for that hardware it's probably fine. 

I’m just gonna get the rig you showed me! That’s probably the best for my money 

2 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

I’m just gonna get the rig you showed me! That’s probably the best for my money 

Right now it's pretty much the best bang for the buck. If you don't want RTX ray-tracing or the better NVENC encoder on the 2060 though, you can get a 5700 for $30 more: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/NLPgXL/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-8-gb-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-5700-8gbd6-3dhroc It's a bit faster and has 2GB more VRAM. Though you do seem to mostly play Fortnite and that runs better on Nvidia GPUs, so the 2060 is probably the best value for your use case. 

Main PC 

Hey so remember all the parts you put together for me? I’m going to keep that but change the case to this one, will it work? 

https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-008X-00009?item=9SIAE8699Y2948&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=knc-googlemkp-mobile&cm_mmc=knc-googlemkp-mobile-_-pla-darkflash-_-cases+(computer+cases+-+atx+form)-_-9SIAE8699Y2948&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3Merud6S5QIVhMDACh34kg1KEAQYDCABEgLcePD_BwE also do I need fans or dose this one come with fans? ^^^ talking abt the case link above 

Will this work? 

it has everything you made for me besides the case... I swapped the case you gave me for a NZXT h510.. lemme know if it will work