Ducky keyboards good or bad?

the zero isn't bad quality.

it's just not worth it for the price ($90 - $120).

get a QFR instead

Hey Linus Tech Tips,

I was wondering what you guys think of Ducky Channels Cherry MX keyboards?  Are they good are they bad?  I was looking at them and they seemed in my price range for a mechanical keyboard. What do you guys think?

Great great brill brill!

I love my Ducky Zero btw, cost £70 in England... So it was worth it for me :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I have honestly never heard anyone, anywhere, mention anything bad about Ducky Keyboards aside from pricing.

My first Ducky was the Shine 3 YOTS (MX Brown) from last year. Best keyboard I've ever owned. Aluminum body, tactile and responsive keys, detachable USB cable, multitude of LED effects, RGB spacebar, etc.

DSC_1209.jpg

Well, they do allow you to translate letters, numbers, and various symbols onto your screen. So yes, by this standard they are amazing. 

god's love ,Exodus 31:15 , Deuteronomy 17:2-7 , Deuteronomy 13:13-19 , Leviticus 24:16 , Leviticus 20:9, Leviticus 20:10 , Leviticus 20:13 , Deuteronomy 21:18-21 , Matthew 18: 7-9 , 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 , 1 Timothy 2:11-12 , Leviticus 25:44, Exodus 21:20 , Titus 2:9 , Isaiah 13:15/16/18 , Hosea 13:16 , Numbers 31:17-18

I have honestly never heard anyone, anywhere, mention anything bad about Ducky Keyboards aside from pricing.

so people don't like backlights and are offended that there are LEDs (even when turned off) even on the keyboard in the first place.  these people say bad things about ducky boards (not saying they're right - just that they say it).

They are objectively good keyboards, however, they are wildly out of proportion with their pricing. Their lowest end ten key less keyboards are not much better than CM Quickfire TKs, and worse in some aspects like build quality, and to charge almost double the price is not only delusional but highly opportunistic and exploitive of a customer subculture known for their failure to resist bandwagoneering no matter how extreme.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

so people don't like backlights and are offended that there are LEDs (even when turned off) even on the keyboard in the first place.  these people say bad things about ducky boards (not saying they're right - just that they say it).

That's against led keyboards in general, though, I was referring to comments in regard to the brand itself.

And those comments sound hilarious, it's like being offended there are transistors on a circuit board.

They are objectively good keyboards, however, they are wildly out of proportion with their pricing. Their lowest end ten key less keyboards are not much better than CM Quickfire TKs, and worse in some aspects like build quality, and to charge almost double the price is not only delusional but highly opportunistic and exploitive of a customer subculture known for their failure to resist bandwagoneering no matter how extreme.

you guys must be new to capitalism in norway.... :P

but yes, that's how it works in every industry and has since the industrial revolution (well, not quite, it took quite a bit of time for industry to become standardized).  scale of economy etc., blah blah.  it's much more profitable the exact same product as someone else, apply the cheapest modification to it (such as a different paint color), and then buy marketers to make it sound like there are even more differences.  then profit.