New to PC Build

Hi,

So I have decided to build a PC for the first time. This is a list of what I think will work:

GTX 1660 Ti : £254.99 

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G : £89.99
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz : £76.99

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Socket AM4/B450/DDR4/S-ATA 600/Micro ATX) : £67.49

SanDisk SSD PLUS 480 GB Sata III 2.5 : £54.47
New power supply and used corsair micro atx crystal case from E-bay for a total of £75 ish (auction).

Total : £618.93

I want to be able to easily play 1080p at high settings with a variety of games. I know the 1660 Ti can do that. My main question is that will the Ryzen 3 3200G bottle-neck the GPU. Or should I spend a little bit more dough on the CPU, if so which CPU. Also I will be using CAD programmes not at high intensity. £618.93 is already more than what I was willing to pay. Just want to make sure it's worth it.

Just now, XAIXER said:

A Ryzen 5 3600 would be a better CPU choice.

What would you say about the Ryzen 5 2600. As the 3600 is a whole hundred pounds more.

you would be fine with the R5 2600, I would recommend a AIO with it so your able to get max yield out of the CPU.

7 minutes ago, CamTechCorner said:

you would be fine with the R5 2600, I would recommend a AIO with it so your able to get max yield out of the CPU.

Thanks for the reccomendation which aio is good and are they hard to install

1 minute ago, zed96 said:

Thanks for the reccomendation which aio is good and are they hard to install

corsair makes some pretty moderately prices AIO's they are fairly easy to install shouldn't take the avg user more than 10 mins to install. many videos on youtube of install AIO's I'd recommend about a 240mm rad AIO to try to get full yeild of the heat exchange as I have found a 120mm AIO is comparable to a really nice air fan.

IMHO an AIO is not worth it.  Decently large air coolers are just as good as many AIO coolers, and the high end ones can be better than an AIO.

And the whole cooler isnt trash if a moving part fails, you can replace fans easily.

6 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

IMHO an AIO is not worth it.  Decently large air coolers are just as good as many AIO coolers, and the high end ones can be better than an AIO.

And the whole cooler isnt trash if a moving part fails, you can replace fans easily.

So Still would you agree that a R5 2600 would pair well with a 1660 Ti

1 minute ago, zed96 said:

So Still would you agree that a R5 2600 would pair well with a 1660 Ti

Yep.  Though, if you want to save another ~$30 you could pick up a 1600 instead.  The performance difference is not huge between them.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Yep.  Though, if you want to save another ~$30 you could pick up a 1600 instead.  The performance difference is not huge between them.

So what is the R3 3200G even good for ?

15 minutes ago, zed96 said:

So what is the R3 3200G even good for ?

A basic system that does not have a GPU.  The G series are the only AMD chips with integrated graphics.