Corsair 400r

Greg

Just recently upgraded to this case, but I am somewhat disappointed it doesn't have an acrylic window. Does anyone know of a site (or person) that sells modded side panels with a window?

Case: Corsair 400r

CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1055T 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 (2013 edition)

GPU: Saphire Toxic 6950 (OC'd to 6970)

GPU Cooler: Accelero Twin Turbo II

I had a quick look, and I couldn't find any. Have you ever though about doing it your self? All you really need is a dremel / jigsaw some masking tape, acrylic, u-channel, strong double sided tape and a steady hand. Maybe someone on the forum lives in California and is happy to do it?

Straight from corsair you could get the;

Mesh side panel: http://www.corsair.com/en/carbide-400r-case-left-side-panel-metallic-grey-side-panel-left-with-fan-holes-for-120mm-and-140mm-fans.html

​ Unfortunately they don't do a window version but this would be easier to mod since you will have a guide to where to cut.

I had a quick look' date=' and I couldn't find any. Have you ever though about doing it your self? All you really need is a dremel / jigsaw some masking tape, acrylic, u-channel, strong double sided tape and a steady hand. Maybe someone on the forum lives in California and is happy to do it? [/quote']

I have thought about it, but I am afraid that I would mess up and need to buy a whole new side pannel.

Straight from corsair you could get the; Mesh side panel: http://www.corsair.com/en/carbide-400r-case-left-side-panel-metallic-grey-side-panel-left-with-fan-holes-for-120mm-and-140mm-fans.html ​ Unfortunately they don't do a window version but this would be easier to mod since you will have a guide to where to cut.

Not really what I was looking for, I already have one of those.

You might want to check if you could find a 500r side panel on the internets. According to overclock.net they are interchangeable so it should fit. Source : http://www.overclock.net/t/1240410/will-a-500r-side-panel-fit-on-a-400r

Never knew that, so I could 'pop' out the mesh of the 500r panel and replace it with acrylic?

The 500R window should work fine. If it doesn't you could always get creative! :)

I don't think you are getting my question here lol. I have a side panel, but I would like one with an acrylic window.

You can't buy them from a store. Try to contact a Modding community, maybe there is someone who wants to mod the acryllic into your side panel.

Or do it yourself, it isnt a lot of work if you have the right tools. if you are going to mod it, i will follow this post since i also have a 400R and also have looked into it. I'm to lazy to do it myself :P

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

You can't buy them from a store. Try to contact a Modding community' date=' maybe there is someone who wants to mod the acryllic into your side panel. Or do it yourself, it isnt a lot of work if you have the right tools. if you are going to mod it, i will follow this post since i also have a 400R and also have looked into it. I'm to lazy to do it myself :P[/quote']

I'm thinking of doing it myself, but I am just afraid I will mess something up.. lol I'll try though, frozencpu sells a 500r window kit so I will look into that

You can't buy them from a store. Try to contact a Modding community' date=' maybe there is someone who wants to mod the acryllic into your side panel. Or do it yourself, it isnt a lot of work if you have the right tools. if you are going to mod it, i will follow this post since i also have a 400R and also have looked into it. I'm to lazy to do it myself :P[/quote'] I'm thinking of doing it myself, but I am just afraid I will mess something up.. lol I'll try though, frozencpu sells a 500r window kit so I will look into that

If you buy another 400r stock panel from Corsair, you can try it, and if you fail, it will be a loss of a panel

You can't buy them from a store. Try to contact a Modding community' date=' maybe there is someone who wants to mod the acryllic into your side panel. Or do it yourself, it isnt a lot of work if you have the right tools. if you are going to mod it, i will follow this post since i also have a 400R and also have looked into it. I'm to lazy to do it myself :P[/quote'] I'm thinking of doing it myself, but I am just afraid I will mess something up.. lol I'll try though, frozencpu sells a 500r window kit so I will look into that

That's what I was planning, but they are like $20, plus the $30+ kit from frozencpu just to see inside my case lol

Allways cut less than you want to cut. Draw the line and give it some room between the line and the cut. You need to veil the cut l it down to the line. T

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.