Screen Issues

Need some help here please.

My touch screen is doing this freaky bs since yesterday afternoon. When i do a single finger touch it makes these other touch points up and down that same line and they are not static they change constantly when i leave my finger on the screen. I do not know what could have done this? Maybe Windows update? but doubt that, could t be something more serious don't know of any virus that can do this (kinda silly), or is it driver or even worse hardware related. the laptop has fallen twice and there are some dings and bangs here and there but that was months ago and has been working fine till about 3 this afternoon. and used the touch all morning and worked fine.

On FB they said calibrate the screen but that doesn't work because of the extra touch detections, so what now.

Image may contain: car and textImage may contain: car and text

No photo description available.

Thanks for any help.

Vincent

Hi @Charlie23

Very likely software issue some driver or Windows update. I actually got this issue with my touchpad on thinkpad x240. But that is running Fedora 30 and not Windows so... but still might be related so posting anyway. It broke short after a update. Logging out and back in will fix issue for random amount of time.