My User/[admin] folder got turned into the 3D Objects folder and I can't change it back. Help.

redsquirrel0249

So I (well really my friend) got a new computer and we were moving Windows' default Documents, Desktop, Music, etc. folders to the harddisk so they wouldn't write to the SSD. But when going to the Locations tab under properties and entering the path for the files, instead of F:\\Users\[admin]\3D Objects we entered F:\\Users\[admin] and it "ate" the "[admin]" folder we had made. So we moved it back, but accidentally did the same thing, so the 3D objects folder became the admin folder, and this can't be undone from what we can tell.

I'm experienced with the operating system, I've just never run into this issue before, any troubleshooting advice would be appreciated!

What exactly it the admin folder you refer to?  Do you mean the user profile folder? So did you move

C:\windows\users\administrator to another location for example. The easiest fix if you don't have many personal data on that account yet is create a new admin account and remove the other local user. Of course first move any important data to a safe location.

Please use full paths if possible that make things easier.