Power Supply ??

ricardointer97

So i just got home and tried to booting my pc when suddenly i heard a noise of eletricity, looking at the cpu i could even see the blue color of eletricity so i pulled all the cables at once, so what could it be ?? the power supply?? If i try booting again things could way worse right ??

33 minutes ago, ricardointer97 said:

So i just got home and tried to booting my pc when suddenly i heard a noise of eletricity, looking at the cpu i could even see the blue color of eletricity so i pulled all the cables at once, so what could it be ?? the power supply?? If i try booting again things could way worse right ??

I've never seen anything like this, but it definitely sounds like a PSU problem. Was some sort of electric surge or oscillation going on where you live while you turned the PC on? Are all the cables from the PSU to your components plugged in correctly? Is the power coming from the wall stable (that is, do you ever hear buzzing noises coming from your power supply or from the outlet on the wall?)?

If you are too curious and want to test things safely, disconnect all PSU cables from your components and try this test with the 24-pin cable and a paper clip (follow the steps in the video closely). If the power supply fan spins, it's probably working. But, if I'm being honest, and from what you told us, the CPU - and possibly other components - is dead. It may not be the case, but this is such an anomaly as to indicate so. I'm sorry.

Moonstone -- MSI B450 Tomahawk Ryzen 5 3600 Gigabyte RTX 2060 G. OC Pro 6GB • 16GB HyperX Fury Black  Corsair CX550M • Aerocool Cylon

Peripherals: Dell P2719H 27'' @ 1080p + Acer VA270H 27'' @ 1080p • Redragon Mitra RGB Red Switch  Superlux HD681 • Logitech Z207

Storage: WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe SSD + Kingston A400 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Rebound 95 -- PC Chips M519 Socket 7 AT Mobo • Pentium P54C 100Mhz • Cirrus Logic GD3454 1MB GPU • Creative L. Sound Blaster 16 CT2950 • 8MB of RAM

(Check my albums for pictures of the systems)

1 minute ago, Genwyn said:

If you saw an arc it's just toast. There ain't no surviving that for any component onboard.

take out the psu, replace it with anything known working, try and start the pc

there is a very slim chance that nothing was damaged but you can't know unless you try 

chances are more likely that anything not protected electronically is toast, your gpu and ram may have made it, the drives may have made it, but the motherboard and CPU are likely done for

This. CPU is probably dead, and motherboard too. Graphics card and hard drives usually survive, but sadly core components like processor and mobo are the first ones to go.

Moonstone -- MSI B450 Tomahawk Ryzen 5 3600 Gigabyte RTX 2060 G. OC Pro 6GB • 16GB HyperX Fury Black  Corsair CX550M • Aerocool Cylon

Peripherals: Dell P2719H 27'' @ 1080p + Acer VA270H 27'' @ 1080p • Redragon Mitra RGB Red Switch  Superlux HD681 • Logitech Z207

Storage: WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe SSD + Kingston A400 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Rebound 95 -- PC Chips M519 Socket 7 AT Mobo • Pentium P54C 100Mhz • Cirrus Logic GD3454 1MB GPU • Creative L. Sound Blaster 16 CT2950 • 8MB of RAM

Welp... so i left home in a hurry and forgot to turn off my pc, a friend told me there was a power loss in the area so that may be the cause, also for the last two months or so i'm noticing a surge in eletricity sometimes when i turn off the power supply, some times it was realy strong so that to may be the cause too, well my biggest fear here is the graphic card the mobo and cpu well i was planning to change them anyway... so i'm getting someone i know to check what's lost and whats not here and i will update you guys here pray for me T.T

1 hour ago, ricardointer97 said:

Welp... so i left home in a hurry and forgot to turn off my pc, a friend told me there was a power loss in the area so that may be the cause, also for the last two months or so i'm noticing a surge in eletricity sometimes when i turn off the power supply, some times it was realy strong so that to may be the cause too, well my biggest fear here is the graphic card the mobo and cpu well i was planning to change them anyway... so i'm getting someone i know to check what's lost and whats not here and i will update you guys here pray for me T.T

Please do tell us how things turned out in the end. I hope you can recover as many parts as possible.