Asus pg279q Or Aorus AD27QD?

Olivia Moore

Hey y'all! I am needing help in deciding which monitor to go with

I have a dell s2716dg now but I am wanting to switch from TN to IPS, mostly because the dell has major color banding and I have grown to hate it. 

The asus mentioned in the title is notoriously known for IPS glow and back light bleeding, which is ultimately keeping me from forking out $600 for that monitor.

The Aorus looks like a good monitor but it has freesync and I have an Nvidia GPU

Help plz?

I would go with Aorus personally, as it is cheaper. Freesync is now working with Nvidia's GPU as well and it is "certified" by Nvidia, so will work the same.

here the link to the discussion regarding same q, maybe will help you decide.

Something to note is that some nvidia GPUs can use freesync. So if your gpu supports it, you can get the Aorus.

As for some other things to look at between the 2 monitors, the Asus monitor has a gray to gray of 4ms while the Aorus has 1ms. 

However, the Asus can run at 165hz (probably with back light bleeding), while the Aorus runs with 144hz.

Olivia, yes it will. You have to use display port to hook it up. but you should always use display port with 2k+ resolution displays if you want to use the full frequency range. this is a copy paste from the "g-sync compatable" Master Threat:

What is this new "G-Sync compatible" thing?

NVIDIA has released a driver update which allows NVIDIA graphics cards to run variable refresh rates using the VESA Adaptive-Sync protocol. This is the same protocol that AMD uses for FreeSync over DisplayPort. This allows NVIDIA cards to run variable refresh rates on FreeSync monitors (effectively, NVIDIA has added support for FreeSync, they just don't call it that because "FreeSync" is an AMD trademark).

What are the requirements? How do I turn it on?

• You must update your graphics card to the latest NVIDIA driver, available HERE.
  • You must be using Windows 10.
  • You must have a GeForce 1000-series card or newer. GeForce 900 series and below are not supported at this time.
  • You must have a monitor that supports the DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync protocol. This includes any monitor that supports AMD FreeSync over DisplayPort.
  • You must be connected to the monitor with a DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort connection. This includes DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, and USB-C/Thunderbolt (assuming the USB-C/TB port has video capability provided by a 1000+ series NVIDIA GPU, which is not the case on all laptops), or any combination of these.