Can't find Internal IP Address !!

Elia

So, I am trying to setup an FTP server and I need to find the Internal IP address (192.168.1.1) to access my router's control panel and portforward my ftp server to access it externally from my external IP.

However, in cmd.exe --> ipconfig, I get my external IP. I've tried google, speedtest.net. Just can't get it.

NOTE: when I type in 192.168.1.1 , I get nothing. I am sure it is that one because I have a linksys router and it says the internal IP is 192.168.1.1

If anyone have ever encountered a similar problem or can help me please reply.

Go into cmd > type "ipconfig" > find your "default" gateway > type it into your search bar on your browser at the top.

I think this is what your asking for.

- virusal19

thanks for the help. but I've already tried it. it didn't work.

Windows 7? Go to your task bar and left click your network to bring up the connections then right click your connection and go status then go to details - hopefully this works for you :)

Are you connected to the router? It seams a bit like you don't have your network setup correctly.

You say that you get your external IP when running "ipconfig" in CMD, that suggests you have no router connected before your PC.

Or it sounds like if you ARE connected through your router, you've got your PC in an advanced DMZ position.. where your PC is getting the external IP passed right through. This is a feature I used to use on my Actiontec router when I used a separate router and didn't want to double-NAT.

• 3 months later...

Your internal IP will not be visible on google or IP lookup tools such as IP-Details.com , as they are programmed to display your external IP.

To find your internal IP

cmd.exe --> ipconfig/all and this will help you find the local IP.

Try this...

Open "Network and Sharing Center"

Click "Change adapter settings"

Right click on whichever device it connected to the router

Click on "Status"

Then click "Details"

Your IP should be under the "IPv4 Address" property

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Your internal IP will not be visible on google or IP lookup tools such as IP-Details.com , as they are programmed to display your external IP.

To find your internal IP

As this thread is over 3 months old, please don't bump old threads just for the sake of answering a question that has already been answered.

To find your internal IP

what do you mean answered... the OP never got back to us.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

To find your internal IP

I didn't see this till now, torvaldstips got it right, ipconfig is the way! You can also reset, release, renew your IP address if you're using DHCP.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.