PSU problems?

h3xlay

Hi guy,
I have running 9900k stock on z370 board with 1080 ti xtreme oced. All this is backed up by Rosewill quark 1200w platinum which is the cheapest part of my pc.

So recently i had those kernel power bluescreens (occured while gaming and strangely when i shut down game) and even instant shutdown on prime95 (with avx), so i was thinking either mobo either psu and since it's cheapest part and msi support said that on stock i should be OK, my thought goes to psu.

So guys can you guys share your thoughts, because well, i have no other psu to test it out and currently short in money to buy new one, so even if it's psu, how can it damage other components?

7 minutes ago, h3xlay said:

I have running 9900k stock on z370 board with 1080 ti xtreme oced...
So recently i had those kernel power bluescreens (occured while gaming and strangely when i shut down game) and even instant shutdown on prime95 (with avx)

Which motherboard?
Could be that your motherboard is automatically overclocking the CPU, such as with Asus' Multi-Core Enhancement. Might be making the CPU unstable.

Also check things like memory overclocks.

CPU Temps okay? 9900K puts out a lot of heat especially with an AVX Prime95 work load.

9 minutes ago, h3xlay said:

Rosewill quark 1200w platinum which is the cheapest part of my pc.

$200 PSU... I guess "Cheapest" is relative considering you have a 9900K and 1080Ti, but that doesn't mean it's a cheap power supply.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Which motherboard?
Could be that your motherboard is automatically overclocking the CPU, such as with Asus' Multi-Core Enhancement. Might be making the CPU unstable.

Also check things like memory overclocks.

CPU Temps okay? 9900K puts out a lot of heat especially with an AVX Prime95 work load.

$200 PSU... I guess "Cheapest" is relative considering you have a 9900K and 1080Ti, but that doesn't mean it's a cheap power supply.

msi z370 gaming pro carbon, well, msi said there would be zero prob if i did not OC... i have stock

6 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, bluescreens sure aren't a psu problem

are the shutdowns like a power cut or just shutting down?

Sorry, did not see post with phone earlier. On prime95 (avx on) it was instant shutdown, no bluescreen, nothing, just plain PC off (temp reached 81c not above 85c, which is pretty nothing in shutdown range), did not even restart, had to manually switch on.

Here i attached screens of bsods. Thing is there is listed more, honestly i don't remember my PC had so many bluescreens just 2 and only i use this PC so, it would be noticeable, so idk how are there so many, but sadly there are... One i had when i was playing Overwatch on ultra-300fps and in middle game it turned off with bsod, and second when i was quitting Elder scrolls, right after game closed it instantly died with bsod and restarted.

Screenshot_1.png

Just to be clear, my PC specs are:
9900k (full stock)

msi z370 gaming pro carbon (xmp on)

aorus 1080ti xtreme (overclocked to 2025mhz)

tridentZ 16gb (overclocked to 3000mhz)

rosewill quark 1200w platinum (bought in like new condition for like $90)

That's why i said it was cheapest part of my PC, every part was new except this and that's why i think it is the actual problem. In fact guys i have zero problem with blue screens, since i already plan to buy supernova or rmx 850w, but i am afraid that it can damage other parts and that's what i really wish to know, then i will judge how fast i buy it because i am in short of money now and buying new PSU means that i should sacrifice something for it...