New cpu, pc wont boot up

sleepy _head

Hello, i'm new here.
I've bought an old cpu i5-2500 from ebay to replace an i3-2120.
I have tried to start up my pc with the i5, but all i get are regular continuous beeps and it wont boot up.
 My mb is really old (Acer Ipisb-vr rev.1.01 h61, lga 1155) from an acer aspire m1930, i've tried everything with the i5 but idk if this cpu is fault or it's not compatible with my mb.
I need help thanks!

Just now, Epimetheus said:

How many beeps? 

It continues to beep fast without ending

1 minute ago, sleepy _head said:

It continues to beep fast without ending

usually it beeps a certain number of times, stops, and then begins again

1 hour ago, sleepy _head said:

Hello, i'm new here.
I've bought an old cpu i5-2500 from ebay to replace an i3-2120.
I have tried to start up my pc with the i5, but all i get are regular continuous beeps and it wont boot up.
 My mb is really old (Acer Ipisb-vr rev.1.01 h61, lga 1155) from an acer aspire m1930, i've tried everything with the i5 but idk if this cpu is fault or it's not compatible with my mb.
I need help thanks!

1 hour ago, Qupter said:

Have you tried updating bios? Try it with a fresh install on a clean drive.

as qupter said,you should reinstall your old cpu and update to the latest bios you can get update us if its work.

also i know that on some old pre built machines continuous beeping means no ram detected,check to see if there is some dirt/thermal paste on the gold contact on the cpu,also try resetting the cpu.

keep us updated,and good luck.

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.

8 minutes ago, aBattleBorn said:

as qupter said,you should reinstall your old cpu and update to the latest bios you can get update us if its work.

also i know that on some old pre built machines continuous beeping means no ram detected,check to see if there is some dirt/thermal paste on the gold contact on the cpu,also try resetting the cpu.

keep us updated,and good luck.

i've already reinstalled the old one and everything work fine, ram is okay and is detected (4x2 ddr3 1333 mhz), gold contacts were all cleaned i've checked

4 minutes ago, sleepy _head said:

i've already reinstalled the old one and everything work fine, ram is okay and is detected (4x2 ddr3 1333 mhz), gold contacts were all cleaned i've checked

ok go ahead and update the bios.

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

18 hours ago, sleepy _head said:

Bios is already updated, version P02.A2, latest one available on acer website
http://prntscr.com/p3zb37

hmmm.try to install the cpu again see if just resetting it help,if not try with 1 ram stick at a time