Budget GPU and CPU liquid cooling recommendation?

teamzach
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
1 minute ago, teamzach said:

Thanks, I reapply thermal paste and the heat turned to 70-80°c when gaming. Do I need still to do undervolting or turning on Radeon Chill?

Your card can run up to like 90C without much of a problem. If the fan isn't at 100% you could try changing the fan curve as well in wattman

Radeon Chill is really neat and I'd suggest trying it out anyways. It just drops your fps when no inputs are happening.

Currently my GPU is running 86°c when playing games on my RX580 and need to upgrade my 2yrs old CPU cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212.

Here's my full specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: MSI B360 GAMING ARCTIC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 580 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card

Casing:

https://www.tecware.co/bifrost

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, teamzach said:

What are the temps if you take the side panel off your case?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 hours ago, Streetguru said:

What are the temps if you take the side panel off your case?

Still the same. I've tested it now. It is sitting between 84-86°c and my idle temp is 50-54°c.

2 hours ago, teamzach said:

Still the same. I've tested it now. It is sitting between 84-86°c and my idle temp is 50-54°c.

Most likely you can just reapply thermal paste on your GPU and it'll be fine. Otherwise try undervolting it, or turning on Radeon Chill.

I wouldn't suggest liquid cooling those parts, simply because the $200+ spent on that is half way to an RX 5700 upgrade.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Most likely you can just reapply thermal paste on your GPU and it'll be fine. Otherwise try undervolting it, or turning on Radeon Chill.

I wouldn't suggest liquid cooling those parts, simply because the $200+ spent on that is half way to an RX 5700 upgrade.

Thanks, I reapply thermal paste and the heat turned to 70-80°c when gaming. Do I need still to do undervolting or turning on Radeon Chill?

1 minute ago, teamzach said:

Your card can run up to like 90C without much of a problem. If the fan isn't at 100% you could try changing the fan curve as well in wattman

Radeon Chill is really neat and I'd suggest trying it out anyways. It just drops your fps when no inputs are happening.

Spoiler