BIOS password reset on asus strix scar ii?

Del_tac0

Little backstory,

I recently got hacked on my asus ROG laptop and the hacker was able to reset and change the BIOS password. I had the ADMIN and USER level passwords written down and I use  to use the ADMIN password to login to the device as of most use. So it shocked me to try and login one day and find out that the password was changed without my doing. I am able to login using the USER level password but the admin password to my knowledge has been completely scrambled and I am unable to figure out any way to actually change the password or update. I have called and contacted ASUS customer support to ask them if I would void my warranty if I tried to reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery because that battery is located on the back of the motherboard for me and they simply told me if I attempted to remove the CMOS battery it would fully brick the device. Now as far as warranty goes I never paid for additional warranty because I am fairly careful with my devices and asus is saying that if I sent the device in it would cost me some good old Canadian rupees and I got this device mainly for school so hearing that I need to send it in is fairly disappointing to me because I am going to need to use this device for some time. I don't have a ton of money to spend and I am fairly tech literate so would anyone be kind enough to tell me if there is a way to reset the BIOS password without bricking and or destroying the device.

Specs:
asus ROG gl704GM

CPU: Intel: i7-8750H

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5

RAM: 16 GB

SMBIOS Version: 3.1

BIOS Mode: UEFI

I do want to be able to update the BIOS to the most recent version to avoid this situation again and I don't want to have to send in my laptop and use the warranty since it only has a one time use and I would prefer if I could just well do it myself with my personal toolkit I have at home. If anyone is familiar with this issue or laptop and is willing to help I am all ears.

thanks.