Help, Audio stopped working

MrBobskins

Hi Everyone,

I am stumped. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to work out why my audio has completely stopped working. Just the other day my audio had been working fine but after I tested a friends GPU on my PC it has been refusing to work (the graphics card didnt work but my computer runs fine and has no damage) . I run an i5 7500 with a gtx 1060 and it has never had any issues. I have checked that my speakers work, reinstalled and tried different audio drivers, and I have made sure that the 'realtech high definition audio' is my default device. But the thing is, the computer detects that there is an aux cord in the green port (as there is actually a cord in it) but it also detects something in the black and in the optical port (even though there is nothing in there and i have cleaned it out) (refer to the picture also).

My bluetooth also does not want to conect to my earphones either which is incredibly annoying. 

Why is all this occuring and how do i fix it? 

Thankyou everyone

Capture.PNG

Audio is one of the weakest points of windows, not sure if mac is any better.  Did you right click the speaker in the icon tray and choose open sound settings?  Rather than the high level realtek program?

My friend is blind and sometimes his audio goes wacky which in turn removes his entire interface, I'd say a good portion of my fixes to his system are audio output related.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

My htpc gpu fan died and the sound stopped working, couldn't figure out the problem. Went to the mobo manufacturers website and when I got to the driver page suddenly everything started working fine... All I can recommend in light of computers clearly becoming self aware is that this is the last chance to ingratiate yourself to our soon to be robot overlords

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

50 minutes ago, Psittac said:

Audio is one of the weakest points of windows, not sure if mac is any better.  Did you right click the speaker in the icon tray and choose open sound settings?  Rather than the high level realtek program?

My friend is blind and sometimes his audio goes wacky which in turn removes his entire interface, I'd say a good portion of my fixes to his system are audio output related.

image.png.6502d6a6782dff00845bff65656c57bc.pngHere is the sound settings, i am pretty sure thats all normal (and the second output is the front aux port i think).