Fractal Desing Meshify S2 Fan Setup

Go to solution Solved by dfsdfgfkjsefoiqzemnd,

I wouldn't bother with the third fan in the front.  You will have to remove the small hatch in the PSU shroud and the fan will then be blowing most of its air into said PSU shroud instead of the inside of the case.  That third fan slot is only useful if you plan to use a 360mm radiator in the front.

The included GP-14 fans are quiet and move a good amount of air.  I'm using a pair of GP-14s and a GP-12 in my secondary rig's Define C and after about 5k hours of power-on time I am not noticing an increase in sound compared to when they were new.    Of course if you plan to upgrade the fans it would be easier to do so right away.

As for cooler orientation: If you let the cooler blow towards the rear, you can keep the top closed which helps to reduce noise.  You may have to raise the cooler's front fan a bit to clear the RAM sticks.

Hello,

I may be getting a Meshify S2 as my new computer case and I have a quick plan for my fans I would like to run past you all. My plan is to have three Noctua NF-A14 140mm fans at the front for intake, one A14 at the rear for exhaust and one at the top rear also for exhaust. My CPU cooler will probably be a beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. Does this seem a good setup? Is there anything you would do differently?

Also does it matter if my CPU cooler is exhausting out the rear or top of the case?

Thanks!

Specs:
CPU: i7-9700K.
CPU Cooler: beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4..
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (WiFi).
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200.
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD and Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD.
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080TI 11GB FTW 3 Ultra.
PSU: Corsair RM1000i 1000W 80+ Gold.
Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2.

I wouldn't bother with the third fan in the front.  You will have to remove the small hatch in the PSU shroud and the fan will then be blowing most of its air into said PSU shroud instead of the inside of the case.  That third fan slot is only useful if you plan to use a 360mm radiator in the front.

The included GP-14 fans are quiet and move a good amount of air.  I'm using a pair of GP-14s and a GP-12 in my secondary rig's Define C and after about 5k hours of power-on time I am not noticing an increase in sound compared to when they were new.    Of course if you plan to upgrade the fans it would be easier to do so right away.

As for cooler orientation: If you let the cooler blow towards the rear, you can keep the top closed which helps to reduce noise.  You may have to raise the cooler's front fan a bit to clear the RAM sticks.

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Thanks for the speedy reply. May I ask another question?

Is there any reason to go for the Meshify C over the S2? I know the S2 is bigger but I'm wondering if I need the space as all of my components should fit in the Meshify C. Would having a bigger case like the Meshify S2 help cooling?

If you don't need the space in the front for water cooling components, the C should be large enough. 

In terms of cooling it probably doesn't really make a difference.  On the S2 you'll have a larger volume of air inside the case, but the fans will still only be moving it out and replacing it at the same pace as they would on the C.  The intake and exhaust openings are similar in size as well, so there's no difference there either.

The aesthetics may be a reason to choose the S2 though.  The Meshify C is a very short case for its height whereas the S2 is quite long.  Check some video reviews of both, or better yet try to see them in person before deciding. 

Personally I'm okay with the looks of my Define C because it is under my desk.  Not so sure I'd like to have it on top of the desk though, the R5 looks so much better up there because of that extra length.

Yeah, my PC is going next to my desk on top of a TV stand until I get a proper setup. I think in all honesty I prefer the looks of the S2 as the C just looks... a bit short. The extra length of the S2 does look better imo.