Ryzen Memory problems, send help

So i recently ordered a new motherboard:

Asus ROG Strix b450-f

Gskill Tridentz rgb ddr4 (8gbx2) 3000hz

Ryzen 7 1700

And as much as i love the board, its been nothing but trouble for me. Rog Bios is very simple and straightforward, but for some unknown reason i cannot get my memory to go to 3000hz

everytime i try im met with the settings being reset, and im forced to go to 2133hz to boot windows.

Any help would be very appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

So i recently ordered a new motherboard:

Asus ROG Strix b450-f

Gskill Tridentz rgb ddr4 (8gbx2) 3000hz

Ryzen 7 1700

And as much as i love the board, its been nothing but trouble for me. Rog Bios is very simple and straightforward, but for some unknown reason i cannot get my memory to go to 3000hz

everytime i try im met with the settings being reset, and im forced to go to 2133hz to boot windows.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Honestly, many of the first gen ryzen chips just wouldnt go to high mem speeds, what the highest you can get, 2400, 2666 ect ect 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

ef, i figured welp ryzen 3 looks pretty good right about now. I honestly just needed someone to confirm. Should i have any problems going from 1st to 3rd gen with this board?

20 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

ef, i figured welp ryzen 3 looks pretty good right about now. I honestly just needed someone to confirm. Should i have any problems going from 1st to 3rd gen with this board?

Make sure you quote people when you reply to them or they wont see the reply. 

Honestly, my 1700 had memory running at 3400mhz, sometimes it just takes some playing. When you got the RAM did you check the manufactures Qualified memory list to see when the speed of your specific kit would be on that board?  

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240