XFX RX 580 GTS black edition

Hi,

I've been using the Rx580 from XFX for the last year or so but till today I've been searching for the answer to the dual bios problem. I'm eager to know which bios should I be using for gaming and general overclocking as I guess the other bios mode is for mining. I've been keeping the switch away from the power connectors but unsure which bios is for which. 

I'll be more than happy if someone lets me know which bios does what and which one should I pick for my usecase. Thank you :D 

This is my card model :

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-rx-500-series/rx-580-gtr-8gb-dd-led-rx-580a8dbr6

EDIT: was thinking of a similar but different version of the card. However you *should* be able to OC,with either, it will likely be easier to start with the higher clocks in gaming mode, it should say which is which in your manual

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Hi, Thanks for your time 

But the card was designed as one bios being for mining and the other for general gaming and usage as its mentioned in the page of the card (the link I attached at the bottom). So do I just use any?

5 minutes ago, Hidden_Iye said:

Hi, Thanks for your time 

But the card was designed as one bios being for mining and the other for general gaming and usage as its mentioned in the page of the card (the link I attached at the bottom). So do I just use any?

You should be fine with either as they're just using the card with different clocks and fan curves however I'd consult the manual to be sure.

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

• 3 months later...
On 8/28/2019 at 5:01 PM, Hidden_Iye said:

Hi, Thanks for your time 

Heyy are u still using that GPU ? From what I read u are kinda record-man when it comes to the point for how long u have been using it :D Are there no problems at all with its temperature or anything related to that ?