chaunze

Newest build: Standard use + gaming

Budget: $1900

In USD

$130 - Corsair 750w 80 plus gold, modular

$539 - Gigabyte Geforce GTX 780 windforce

$159 - MSI z87-G45 mobo

$309 - i7 Haswell 3.4GHz quad

$149 - G.Skill Sniper gaming series 16GB (2x8GB  leaves room for 2 more)

$309 - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD

$220 - Enthoo Primo Case

Corsair closed loop cooling - already have it

In about 6 months I'm going to add a second video card, maybe an asic card if bitcoin continues to take off, and do a custom water cooling loop. This will be my first attempt at custom water cooling so that's why I went with such a beast of a case. I'll also be getting a g-sync monitor. Hoping for a 4k 27"ish. I think they showed off a few at CES. 

Without increasing the current price, alternate parts? I don't want to sacrifice performance.

For one, we don't know what the current price is as well as where you're shopping/located and some other important information.

Read before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

This belongs in the New Builds and Planning section. I'm moving the thread.
Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No point in getting the i7 over the i5 for just gaming. 

Why 16GB ram and such a large ssd?

Which corsair psu are you talking about? There's more than one corsair 750w gold plus psu.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 3 weeks later...

No point in getting the i7 over the i5 for just gaming. 

Why 16GB ram and such a large ssd?

Which corsair psu are you talking about? There's more than one corsair 750w gold plus psu.

I'm actually a Software Engineer so I do a lot of coding. So the i7 doesn't hurt.

16GB of RAM. Future proofing mostly. I can eat up 8GB as it is and I'm bad about closing programs. It's not that much more expensive to have peace of mind for a few years.

PSU: Corsair HX Series HX750

I've built the system now and definitely am happy with the set-up. Games run smooth as silk and the killer network software is a god-send. Being able to throttle games that are downloading 20GB files so I can still use the internet without it hogging the whole bandwidth is super useful. Though, it's made me wonder if there's not some software for intel based NICs that do the same thing xD. Oh well, I have this now and it works great. Can't wait to graduate and do the custom water cooling.