Help with build

The Torrent

So im doing a build, next year august it will be upgraded. It wont be used for gaming for the next year or so.

for some reason theres no price being given for the motherboard but its £120ish quid.

Also ram will be 3600mhz ive been told to go for with timing 18.

so this is the deal with this build, and the dilemma.

This build needs to be futureproof, rgb matters a lot, however theres going to be a substantial sum going into this build next year. The build is mostly not going to be used for gaming the next year mostly, but it has a widescreen monitor so it needs a cheap gpu prob stick a 1060 or 980 or something for the displayport.

By next year, zen 3 will be out so the motherboards (maybe) and cpu's (deffo) will have dropped in price a lot, but im wondering is it just worth sticking a 3700x in there now and being happy? then get a corsair hydro x system next year or something?

Largest problem is the cpu. the choice between 2200g and 3200g is a difference of 15 quid. out of these two which is the best to go for?

the price slowly creeps up tho, u think oh 2600 aint much more, then should we go 2600x for the better cooler, then 2700x is only a little bit away for the best rgb stock cooler, then you think just go 3700x and be happy and not upgrade it next year? but then if its not going to be used for gaming mostly thats a waste isnt it of that cpu.

Another problem is the cpu cooler - ideally wanna go liquid cooled next year, ez choice seems hydro x at the moment, but if its decided to spend a little bit less money, the black ll140 fans are no good for radioators (compared to white ones) so those would be wasted.

So an overall recap of the two big choices all this can be fitted into is - buy good cpu mobo and stick with the 3700x stock cooler its enough rgb now be happy OR buy that mobo, buy 2200g/3200g (which one???) and idk about cooling.

If ur gonna say why not just buy some crappy laptop now and do a full build next year its cuz someone has 1.8k cash and brexit is coming.

Thanks i look forward to your replies

1 hour ago, Rogerzz said:

What are you using the system for? Are you overclocking?

Next year.

as I said for the next year won’t use it for gaming mostly then it’s gonna have a load of money go into it next year.

Might just go with a 2700x, can get it 200 brand new comes with a rgb cooler too

1 minute ago, Rogerzz said:

Whats your budget? I would not be considering you to buy lesser performance parts now, buy the best you can for your budget at this current time. I have a 7 year old CPU which is still capable of maxing out most games.

What is your budget so I can make a build accordingly. 

You don’t think the build I posted is any good? Swap the ssd for a Corsair 510 500gig and add a Ryzen 2700x that’s what I decided on, then worry about next year next year.

budget is 1.8k now then have another 1ishk into it next year

On 8/23/2019 at 11:30 AM, Rogerzz said:

Are you going to stream or do any 3D rendering at any point? I need to know before making any changes to best suit your needs.

No streaming and most likely no 3d rendering.

Idk what changes u could make to ‘best suit my needs’ I’m keeping a 750w psu because I want to so apart from downgrade that I’m looking forward to see what you’ll do lol

So no gaming, streaming or rendering. What exactly are you going to be using it for ? o.O

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

So no gaming, streaming or rendering. What exactly are you going to be using it for ? o.O

said little gaming.

internet, youtube, music production, light gaming.

tbh this wont be used that much while my alienwares running mostly just gonna sit at a desk look pretty with a widescreen monitor.

Decided to go with a msi carbon pro anyway with a 2700x and gtx1080

10 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

said little gaming.

internet, youtube, music production, light gaming.

tbh this wont be used that much while my alienwares running mostly just gonna sit at a desk look pretty with a widescreen monitor.

Decided to go with a msi carbon pro anyway with a 2700x and gtx1080

You said no gaming for the next year or so in your opening post ?

I am not familiar with music production requirements, but you don't need a 2700X and GTX 1080 for web browsing/youtube. Why a GTX 1080 anyway ? Better off going with a new gpu if you have a healthy budget.

10 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

You said no gaming for the next year or so in your opening post ?

I am not familiar with music production requirements, but you don't need a 2700X and GTX 1080 for web browsing/youtube. Why a GTX 1080 anyway ? Better off going with a new gpu if you have a healthy budget.

Sorry I meant 980 I can get one for £120

16 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Why are you going with old hardware instead of new hardware if you have the budget to support the purchase of the faster, newer products?

The GTX 980 was released 5 years ago, why would it make any sense for you to compromise for no apparent reason? The R7 3700X is the upgraded version of the 2700x, the 2700x is out of date. 

You don't need £4000 to spent on a PC in total for this year to next year, just go with the latest hardware.

3700x is £150 more expensive.

i told u 1.8k budget this year, another grand next year.

9 hours ago, Rogerzz said:

Yes, you have a budget of £1,800 this year. You DON'T need another £1,000 next year. For what reason do you need to spend another £1000 on a PC? The build I gave you is all you need. Just buy a graphics card next year for gaming and your set. Most people spend between £500 to £1000 on a PC that will last 4-6 years.

Why does it matter if the 3700X is expensive if you have the money to spend on it? Would Bill Gates buy a used Tesla because it's less expensive? No, because he has the BUDGET to AFFORD it.

You have the $$$ to get a 3700X, so why are you complaining about it being expensive? The 2700X is outdated now, there's no reason to get a shittier version of the Ryzen CPU.

I'm really not sure why you think you need to spend so much money on a computer that you will use to watch YouTube/Browse. Even with the £1200 build I gave you, there's still going to be money for a monitor and a GPU, and like £600 left over to spend on whatever you like.

1k next year is happening because it’s coming from a source I can’t explain.

if u look at my build it includes a 3440 x 1440 120hz gsync panel

i just feel bad for a buying a 3700x and it sitting there for an entire year doing a very small amount of gaming. Small amount meaning like a hour a week. This pc won’t be used for gaming by me. I can’t explain the situation no sorry.

bill gates would buy a used Tesla if he needed every penny of the rest of the money he will have left to invest somewhere else non optional.