Boot up no display signal - either cpu or mobo

Backstory - can skip - I have a down draft cooler on my i5 4460 and b85. 1/3 of the cpu fan broke off but was still spinning most of the time, however, the uneven spin wobbles the whole motherboard. Sometime the fan would not spin, i figured it was ok for the time being. if its gets too hot, it should shut itself down. 

This went on for a few days. Then the mobo would boot up, but no display signal, internal +external. I have another pc to test everything, except the cpu, mobo and ram.

how to determine if cpu or mobo is broken???

2 hours ago, pomkon said:

Backstory - can skip - I have a down draft cooler on my i5 4460 and b85. 1/3 of the cpu fan broke off but was still spinning most of the time, however, the uneven spin wobbles the whole motherboard. Sometime the fan would not spin, i figured it was ok for the time being. if its gets too hot, it should shut itself down. 

This went on for a few days. Then the mobo would boot up, but no display signal, internal +external. I have another pc to test everything, except the cpu, mobo and ram.

how to determine if cpu or mobo is broken???

That might be hard if you can't test the CPU, MOBO or the RAM either. Chances are your CPU might actually be fuc**d, the only way to know for sure would be to actually put the CPU in another computer. I don't think a wobbling motherboard is so good either. Why wouldn't you buy a new fan emediatley?