Thinkpad Fan Adjustment

Deuxez

I got a Lenovo Thinkpad L440 from my school for free about 6 months ago, and ive been using it almost every week or so. Well yesterday i wanted to try some Minecraft and i noticed right away that my cpu was reaching about 80c while playing. I tried undervolting but i couldnt really get the laptop under -100mV. so istayed around -60mV, but that only dragged down the temps with like 3c. The fan on the laptop didnt make much sound either so i thought i might as well try to ramp up the speed on the fan. I searched around on the internet but couldnt find any that worked, as most of them had something with the BIOS to do, and i couldnt find certain tabs and categories the others did. So far ive Updated the BIOS to the latest, reaplied thermal paste (dropped temps with like 1-3c, not much), cleaned the fan and heatsink (they wasnt really dirty at all so didnt make any diffrence). My cpu didnt thermal throttle either as it sits around 2.6 ghz stock and can boost up to like 3.2-3.3, and mine stayed around 3.2 ghz.

SPECS:

i5 4300m 2.6ghz stock - 3.3ghz boost.

HD grapichs 4600

8gb ram

500gb HDD (SUPER SLOW)

80C is normal and safe. You can try ThrottleStop but I don't think it has fan control. Does the Vantage software offer fan control? 

15 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

80C is normal and safe. You can try ThrottleStop but I don't think it has fan control. Does the Vantage software offer fan control? 

Yeh but i personally feel like i want soemething less hotter. And whats the "vantage software"? And i use XTU for undervolting.

Just now, DankDeuxez said:

Yeh but i personally feel like i want soemething less hotter. And whats the "vantage software"? And i use XTU for undervolting.

LENOVO Vantage. The official software suite. 

38 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

LENOVO Vantage. The official software suite. 

Seems like Lenovo Vantage doesnt have anything to do with fan speed. Mostly just updates