To all MetroPCS/T-MOBILE users

Ok, so I'll occasionally install malware, adware, ransomware, Trojans, worms, chargeware and all sorts of stuff on burner phones or old PCs that I don't care about, this time I chose to install adware on my personal phone to test how good my current cell providers Antivirus/antitheft partnership is.

Unsurprisingly it's complete and total garbage, it's a program called lookout while it's antitheft and loss prevention is great and honestly over the top, it flagged my phone while it was at my house and in my hands.... Maybe it's not that great when I think about it but the point is it works, however the antivirus side is complete and utter garbage, I had it scan my phone and while scanning the adware actually made a pop up happen, when in game it's a 30second ad and when not in a game it's a browser pop up and it was quite aggressive as well sometimes popping up 5x in a span of 20 minutes, now keep in mind that was with their premium subscription to which is about 10$ a month or 80-120 a year.

Then I installed bitdefender and activated the 14 day free trial not only did it find the adware I installed on purpose but it also removed every trace of it, i could not find a single remnant file or anything and I even hooked my phone up to my PC to really dive into it and yes I checked my SD card as well and it to was completely clean.

So not only did lookout fail where another that I don't trust either worked, it also kept turning its own VPN on after I turned it off, I actually had to delete it's VPN off my phone to keep it turned off.