Razer Connected Devices Program

jdfosterarmy

Hi linus, can you chat with razer? They keep adding all these "partners" without any clear instructions. 

What I do know is that any "partner" that is listed, must have their own rgb control software in order to be controlled and/or detected by the razer synapse 3 software.

Reason I ask is because they list "teamgroup" as a partner. I bought four 8gb Teamgroup Delta RGB sticks. After looking on teamgroup's website for this exact ram, it clearly states "works with chroma". However, this is misleading and in my opionion false advertisement.

I contacted both companies leading me to the video below . Teamgroup says their "proof" in this video is that it is working. If you watch, the ram I purchased is in this video. Further in the video, only reason it works is because an msi motherboard (with their software) controlls the ram and then razer controls the msi software. This leads me to thinking it is misleading because razer does NOT have control of teamgroup what so ever.

Anyway both companies replyied but still don't clearly say how teamgroup works with razer.

Only reason I have razer more than corsair is because of this program razer started with 3rd party companies. It's supposed to bridge ARGB/RGB software/hardware of product lines (such as air/liquid coolers, video cards, motherboards, RAM) that razer doesn't make in order to  be controlled by razer synapse 3. But as i stated this is misleading as in my example I have to have an msi/asrock or other rgb motherboard to control the ram for razer synapse to control THAT software. In my case, my motherboard is an ASUS STRIX B450 that is NOT partnered with razer.

Some of the partners listed don't even have video cards, etc that interface directly with the computer yet they "work with chroma". If they don't start explaining this, I will stop buying razer products. I plan on switching to corsair because at least they make every piece of rgb hardware & you can think of  and (correct me if I am wrong) plus 3rd party devices (such as ram) that CAN be controlled by Corsair's ICUE.