DRP4 memory clearence

Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,

RAM clearance will also be determined by the physical location of the RAM and the orientation of the Cooler, u may be able to get away with just shifting the fan on cooler up slightly as it may be the fan that has clearance issues not the heatsink itself.

I know this was the case with NH-D14 i used to use, all i had to do is move the fan up slightly.

So I was about to buy a new system with a Dark Rock Pro 4 and g.skill aegis RAM but it went out of stock on the day I wanted to order it, but I wanted to buy the system anyway so I went with the closest option in price which was the Team Group T-force delta RGB modules and I forgot to check the height of the modules and the clearence of the DRP4 and now im wondering if it would fit under the DRP4 at all since I've read somewhere that the memory clearence for it is 40mm and the team group site said the modules are 49mms tall. (This is my first system that im building for myself btw so I have no experience with the DRP4) Any opinions, maybe someone who owns the DRP4?

RAM clearance will also be determined by the physical location of the RAM and the orientation of the Cooler, u may be able to get away with just shifting the fan on cooler up slightly as it may be the fan that has clearance issues not the heatsink itself.

I know this was the case with NH-D14 i used to use, all i had to do is move the fan up slightly.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Just now, SolarNova said:

I hope i can fit it under like that

Next ot Solar's suggestion, you could also move the fan to the back instead of the front, making it sit in the area of the IO.

Maybe you have less clearance issues on that side.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

Thank you everybody for your answers, the retailer was kind enough to change my order and I could choose another RAM and I chose the Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz which actually has a bit lower CAS latency. 15 instad of 16 and it's like 2 dollars cheaper but it wasn't in stock when I ordered my system so that's why I got the T-Force one initially.