Microphone issue

Alice951

So the pc i'm using is all built out of used part, i've already had some issues with the motherboard, one of them being it doesnt even see any microphones plugged via 3.5mm, so i bought a usb microphone which works sometimes, the only way i can it to work (when i plug it in it brings up the message screenshoted, tried it on other pc's and the mic works fine) and the only way to actually get it to work is i have to try every usb port on the back of my pc (the case doesn't have any front ones), a random amount of restarts more unplugging, more restarting and eventually it might work.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how i can fix this as it's absolutley enfuriating.

Screenshot_2.png

3 hours ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

Update your device's drivers. Especially the audio ones. :) 

that's unfortunetly not made any difference

Little I can offer here, but it just sounds like you have some junk USB ports. Buying used motherboards can always have hidden problems that the seller didn't tell you about.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

2 hours ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Little I can offer here, but it just sounds like you have some junk USB ports. Buying used motherboards can always have hidden problems that the seller didn't tell you about.

Yeah, i had to buy used due to cost, i just wish more people were more honest though, what's strange though is that those ports work perfectly fine with anything else i plug into them except the microphone

18 hours ago, Alice951 said:

Yeah, i had to buy used due to cost, i just wish more people were more honest though, what's strange though is that those ports work perfectly fine with anything else i plug into them except the microphone

Now that you say that, it possibly could be your microphone, not your motherboard, what's interesting is how it works for any other motherboard but not your own.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

3 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Now that you say that, it possibly could be your microphone, not your motherboard, what's interesting is how it works for any other motherboard but not your own.

yeah, i've tried the mic on my latpop, my mums laptop and freinds computer and it worked fine on all of them