Two inputs 1 output (switch)

sharknado34

I have a Nintendo switch and a Computer that I want to be able to switch between. My monitor has 1 displayport and 1 hdmi. I have an aux on the monitor that allows me to take audio from switch hdmi and output to speakers. Anyways I want to be able to switch audio devices (I can already switch display now I just need to be able to switch the audio without removing aux chord). I am kinda getting confused on the terminology, so any product recomendations that will fit my use case? I think I need an aux input switch? or maybe an aux output switch... I am confused on the difference...

well, i have a monitor that has audio output, i connected my speakers to it

since it also has 1 hdmi imput, i bougth this

https://www.amazon.com/PrinceShop-Splitter-Switcher-Multifunction-switching/dp/B07K9K4FG3/ref=mp_s_a_1_58?keywords=hdmi+switch+3+in+1+out&qid=1565540999&s=gateway&sprefix=hdmi+switch+3&sr=8-58

so i dont have to fight with cables, i think it os not what you ask, but i think is more simple

the hdmi has 3 inputs, on 1 i connect tv, on the other i connected ps3 and in the third i sometimes connect another pc i need sometimes, the hdmi switch has a function that when it detects a device has been turned on, it changes to that input automatically, so is great in that respect, audio and video both goes to the monitor, it has a button to select each of the 3 inputs if you wish

there is a model with remote control to select input and to turn off the device

2 hours ago, goto10 said:

well, i have a monitor that has audio output, i connected my speakers to it

since it also has 1 hdmi imput, i bougth this

https://www.amazon.com/PrinceShop-Splitter-Switcher-Multifunction-switching/dp/B07K9K4FG3/ref=mp_s_a_1_58?keywords=hdmi+switch+3+in+1+out&qid=1565540999&s=gateway&sprefix=hdmi+switch+3&sr=8-58

so i dont have to fight with cables, i think it os not what you ask, but i think is more simple

the hdmi has 3 inputs, on 1 i connect tv, on the other i connected ps3 and in the third i sometimes connect another pc i need sometimes, the hdmi switch has a function that when it detects a device has been turned on, it changes to that input automatically, so is great in that respect, audio and video both goes to the monitor, it has a button to select each of the 3 inputs if you wish

there is a model with remote control to select input and to turn off the device

I am looking for an Aux splitter not hdmi...

1 hour ago, sharknado34 said:

I am looking for an Aux splitter not hdmi...

i know, i offered a different solution, i already mentioned it, read reply